Gun and Game Forum banner

Springfield 1911 A1 9mm Disassemble/Assemble

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CountryBoy 
#1 ·
I am disassembling thoroughly cleaning and assembling this pistol for my F-I-L. This is the first time I have done this. So far I have removed the slide and barrel, I removed the mainspring assembly(I left the assembly together) removed the long flat spring with the three fingers on it, removed the hammer, the safety lever and mechanism, I think the only thing left in the frame was the trigger. Have started reassembly after cleaning, and so far everything is going back together smoothly, I have it all back together with exception of the barrel/slide assy and it seems to function properly as far as the trigger/safety mechanisms. I am finishing up the barrel/slide cleaning and assembly. Does anyone have any advice or cautions or tips or anything in particular I should know. Any special procedures for function testing before actually firing the gun once I am finished. I feel confident with what I have done, but since I have never done this particular gun before I am a little nervous also, I don't want to get someone hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.