springfield sporters?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Mosin_Mike, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Mosin_Mike

Mosin_Mike G&G Newbie

Has anyone ever ordered from Springfield sporters? I just placed an order with them and the guy that answered sounded half asleep. He didn't even ask my type of enfield I had. I called back and told him it was a no1 mk3, just to make sure I didn't get no4 parts. I have never ordered from them and would like to know if S.S. is reliable. I hope I have nothing to worry about! Ha
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. Capt'n Mil Coll

Capt'n Mil Coll G&G Enthusiast

I used to order rifles from them. I had no problems with them at all. The rifles were as advertised. But the FFL dealer after the second order said he would not deal with them again. So I missed out on a lot of old rifles I wanted to get. He thought the rifles I got were junk, him being a black rifle type of shooter. I thought they were great myself.
    I have ordered stock sets from them and never had a problem.
    The FFL dealer wouldnt tell me what problems he had with them.
  3. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Newbie

Mike I got my replacement stock for my No1 M III from Sarnco and the service was absolutely top notch and professonal. The stock was in excellent shape and the buttstock was even brand new! I myself have never heard of Springfiled Sporters but always go with your gut feeling. If you feel like something is going to go wrong with this deal your feeling are almost always right. From one Mike to another.:beerchug:

Michael
  4. Mosin_Mike

Mosin_Mike G&G Newbie

I ordered my stock from sarco also, but I need a rear swivel, base and screws and a rear trigger guard screw. I ordered these parts from them, I couldn't find them anywhere else. So I did what I had to do? I'm not too worried....... just hope the guy had a redbull after I hung up and got the order right, LOL.
  5. Lngstrt

Lngstrt G&G Newbie

I've ordered several times from SS. Good products, prices and service. They are often recommended in the various Enfield forums.
  6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I've ordered catalogs, mauser bolts, firing pins, etc. from them and never had a problem. Always accurately described, fairly priced, and shipped in a reasonable time frame.
  7. Mosin_Mike

Mosin_Mike G&G Newbie

Good to hear, thanks.
  8. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder G&G Newbie

+1

SS has a very good rep with Enfield addicts.
  9. blu97

blu97 G&G Newbie

Been using them for years, just make sure to let them know if you want refinished or original.

They do sound a little tired on the phone.
  10. Mosin_Mike

Mosin_Mike G&G Newbie

Just got my parts. Got everything I ordered, even got an extra swivel. I will be doing business again with them. I'm impressed on how fast it got here!
  11. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

I've met Russ in person and he's just a very quiet, laid-back guy. He's very passionate about our 2A rights, though and also about securing our borders. SS was started by his dad who passed several years ago. He was one of the first of the large-scale importers of foreign mil-surps and they operate out of what looks to be an old farm house with an added-on warehouse. (It's a bit disconcerting to drive down a tree-shrouded country road and turn into a gate to see pallets of old Enfields rusting by the fence.)
    Long story short, they know their stuff and will treat you right.