St. Louis City Leader Says Police Ineffective, Tells Residents to Get Armed

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by LarryO1970, Dec 3, 2008.

1. LarryO1970

LarryO1970 G&G Enthusiast

ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis city leader frustrated with the police response to rising crime called Tuesday on residents to arm themselves to protect their lives and property.

Alderman Charles Quincy Troupe said police are ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis has had 157 homicides in 2008, 33 more than last year at this time.
    "The community has to be ready to defend itself, because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold," Troupe, 72, said Tuesday.

Troupe said that when he and residents approached a district police commander last year, they were told "there was nothing he could do to protect us and the community ... that he didn't have the manpower."
    Police did not immediately return requests for comment. Chief Dan Isom told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he understands Troupe's frustration but doesn't support citizens arming themselves.

Carrying guns, he said, is not a "recipe for a less violent community."

... frankly, I disagree. I think/believe that if more people carry guns, it's less likely crime will occur.

... obviously, the citizens need to armn themselves because the police say themselves, they are "ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis."

... who else is going to help the people when the police either will not or can't ?

... does anyone know if carry permits are legal in St. Louis ?
  2. AllAlaskan

AllAlaskan G&G Enthusiast

^ I would be getting out of that city asap. If the city leaders are beginning to warn the public to arm them selves cause the PD are not even trying then its time to get out of there!
  3. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Suspended

We should all be armed and able/ready to defend ourselves and our property...

...not just in St. Louis, "because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold".

Thanks for the thread Larry...
  4. AllAlaskan

^ I agree with ya im just saying if even the city leaders are telling people to do something because the police are not even willing to try then It is a place i would not live, I my self and doing what i can to defend my family and property.
  5. LarryO1970

God help anyone breaking into my home or any home in my neighborhood ... they'll be carried out...

I'm defensive by nature ! What I have is mine, IF you want it, get a job and earn it just as I did ...
  6. AllAlaskan

.... I Sleep with a loaded .12 guage shotgun loaded with Birdshot, may not sound to bad but at close range your not likely to survive! And to any one that hurts my family, All i got to say is they got something coming they aint ganna like!
  7. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder G&G Newbie

Murders and shootings are becoming common place even in this over grown cow town I live in. If the economy continues to go down the tubes it's going to mean a higher crime rate. I think it is every citizens duty to be legally armed AND trained in the use of deadly force. That would do more to reduce crime than tripling the police force.

In your average home, bird shot would be devastating. I keep my shotgun loaded with #4 bird followed by #4 buck.
    00 and a slug after that. If I can't stop a BG with that I don't deserve to live.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  8. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Suspended

AA,

Hopefully your thought and preparation process will spread across our nation...

...and help cause the would be criminals to rethink their pursuits.

Maybe the Washington criminals would get a clue and start doing what they're hired to do as well...
  9. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I've been carrying for years, and for some strange reason, the perps seem to have radar that can sense when someone is armed, because I've never had a problem. Besides, I'd rather be judged by twelve, than carried by six!!!!

Seems like I've been hearing that a lot more, lately!
  10. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
  11. AllAlaskan

I had a really interesting conversation at work the other night, i was talking to a coworker and expressed my thoughts on how I beleive if more responsible people carried there would be less crimes for the simple thought that criminals would have to be more carefull on how to choose there targets. He disagreed but after i Pointed out that most (not all) criminals are more apt to target a non armed person over an armed and that if more teachers and studants (at collages not gradeschool) carried with Permits i think we would not see as many attacks by students on students and teachers in our schools he was able to see my point. He does not like guns, hes not an Anti he just doesnt like em, hes not comfortable around em. I know that when i move back up to alaska I plan on buying a small hand gun and plan on carrying ( No permit required in Alaska to carry concieled) I already pack a knife on my person and just ordered 2 boot knives that are on the way and will be packing them when they arive. It may not be a gun but if ever attacked my give me the edge to protect my self!
  12. LarryO1970

Yep ... the zombies are the perps ... get the shotgun ready Mabel !
  13. AllAlaskan

God you scared me!!! :p
  14. Rave

Rave G&G Enthusiast

It's a proven fact that where carry permits are issued that crime drops drasticly.
    In Miami the thugs started hanging around airports knowing that departing passengers would be unarmed resulting in a flurry of german tourist robberies and murders.
    It really makes it harder on the criminal when He doesn't know who is armed and who isn't.
  15. LarryO1970

I completely agree Rave. The criminals know the laws and where they can "play" with minimal risk to their own personal safety while maximizing the risk to the rest of us.

I like to level the playing field, personally...
  16. AllAlaskan

Its funny how a robber will run when at the other end of the wepon!
  17. LarryO1970

AllAlaskan ... of course they will, as they are not looking for a fair fight. That's why I don't fight fair ...
  18. AllAlaskan

Reminds me of a guy i use to see at a grocery store i use to work at when i was living in Biglake Ak, guy would come in with 2 revolvers on his belt and a rifled strapped to his back....he always had these on! any ways a cashier asked him why he wore them and told him he looked like a crazy nut and he responded " The bad guys dont like to deal with guys with guns, especially if they seem to be off there rocker" and he then said " and i have NEVER had any one EVER harrass me or attempt to pull any thing"

An Armed Sociaty is a Polite Sociaty!
  19. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

It's sure nothing new that's for sure. People should be allowed to arm to/and protect themselves. But seriously, what a concept. Just think, maybe if they'd actually allow us to, they just might find it works. Or is that the problem, they know it will and does and just think how many jobs would, or could be eliminated or dramatically reduced or cut back on if we were allowed to us rely on ourselves for protection?

Common sense, what a concept...
  20. LarryO1970

... and Obama wants to severely limit this ability to fight back. What a guy ...