Stoeger Longfowler O/U

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by okiediver72, Jul 30, 2011.

1. okiediver72

okiediver72 G&G Newbie

Bass Pro has the Stoeger Longfowler O/U in 12ga for less than $400, does anyone have any experience with these? I've wanted and O/U for as long as I can remember but I don't want to drop a grand on one. I want something to hunt with, so it's going to dinged up and I don't want to cringe everytime that happens. However, that being said, I know that you generally get what you pay for, so I'm trying to avoid having to find another corner to hide away a piece of junk.
  2. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Stoeger is owned by Benelli. They seem to be pretty well made for the money. Fit and finish seem good. From what I have read they seem to be worth the money and should hold up well to field use.

I would also look at the Remington Spartan line. Those are very good O/U for the money as well.
  3. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

I have a Stoeger Condor O/U and a P-350 Pump. Been using both of them for Dove down here and Pheasant up in South Dakota every year and also shoot sporting Clays and Trap with the O/U. Never had a problem with either one of them , And you cant beat the price.
  4. nathangdad

nathangdad G&G Newbie

Mmmmm,

all I suggest is to please check the trigger pull before buying.
  5. H-BAR

H-BAR G&G Newbie

i believe Stoeger took over the Bakail plants in turkey and eastern europe when Beretta bought the whole ball of wax witch is the europiean firearms market! lol! it replaced there spanish made condor line with a better single set mechanical trigger and some pleasing roll stamped engraving. there a little rough around the edges and allot heavier when compared to finer O/U's, but are sturdy as hell and built to last to say the least!

a know a few people have bought them at the gun club and love them, there the perfect entry level O/U for the money, and one your not afraid to lean against the nail ridden rifle stands at most skeet/trap clubs! one of my closest friends bought one for his wife (yes, we let our wives shoot with us, it makes it easier to justify buying more toys! LOL!) simply for the fact that she was tired of "the easter egg hunt" of picking up shells spent by her 1100 between station changes for re-loading. it improved her score 4-5 birds and got her shooting consistant 18-20's on the skeet field, so rumors of crooked mounted barrels can be laid to rest, these are straight shooting shotguns for a darn good price
  6. franchi

franchi G&G Newbie

Not the best fit and finish but they do the job at hand.
  7. jbaur

jbaur G&G Newbie

stoeger o/u shotgun

I have a stoeger O/u with 20ga & 12ga barrel . The 20ga. used for small game and clays ,the 12ga for ducks and geeset it never gave any troublt
  8. duckkiller83

duckkiller83 G&G Newbie

longfowler

My wife just bought a longfowler side by side for our wedding anniversary. I really like the gun. Even though it's a 30 inch barrel, it's still easy to swing. It holds a pattern really well with the modified choke. I have pattern tested the flush chokes yet. This is the gun I'm going to duck and goose hunt with this year. I didn't think there was anything wrong with my trigger. It shoots just like my automatics for that matter. I'd recommend getting one.
  9. Shootduck1

Shootduck1 G&G Newbie

I shoot a Stoeger Condor...choked with a Kick's full choke and #6 Fasteel... Great shooting gun...I'd say buy it.