Tanfoglio Pistols

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Aarant, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Aarant

Aarant G&G Newbie

Just picked up a Tanfoglio Force .45 cal. Was wanting feed back on these poly's. Anyone having problems? Hows the "felt" recoil with the poly frame compaired to the steel?
  2. ander254

ander254 G&G Newbie

I personally have never looked at them, so i figured i'd do a quick peak. Looks like nice gun. For some reason it reminds me a Baby Eagle in appearance.
  3. HEMI

HEMI G&G Newbie

Seen only1 at the range they had it as a range gun blew apart after 500+ rounds
  4. Don357

Don357 G&G Regular

The Tanfoglio's (Witness)and Baby Eagles are both clones of the CZ-75. The action in all three guns is the same and some parts will interchange. Despite what HEMI says, (he must be a GLOCK man) Witness' are excellent guns equal to 1911's in accuracy. They are used widley in Europe as competition guns. As for felt recoil, I have a Witness Polymer Compact in .45acp and recoil is not very bad at all. Check out the website Savvysurvivor index. it has a review section with gunsmithing tips also on the Witness line of pistols.
  5. HEMI

HEMI G&G Newbie

Hey Don, nope don't own a Glock but would in a heart beat.
    Just not a cheap gun fan.
  6. privateer

privateer G&G Newbie

I own both the witness and the IMI baby eagle both in 45acp. have put over a thousand rounds of ball through them and have never had a problem, I'm not sure how the new plastic guns will hold-up but the steel guns are shooters.
  7. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

If you'r not a cheap gun fan hemi, why would you buy a cheap Glock. Don't see any of them winning any Euro IPSC Comps, and they don't even cost a $1000 !!! ROFL!!!
    I have a witness poly 10mm with 1500+ rds through it and it is just settling in!
  8. Don357

Don357 G&G Regular

I'm sorry that you think Witness pistols are "cheap", while they may be less expensive than a Glock, Kimber, S&W, HK, SA, etc., they are far from cheap. Just because something costs a lot of money dosen't mean it isn't "cheap" also. Personally, the only way I'd own a Glock is if someone gave it to me and then only long enough top find some poor sap to sell it to.
  9. sniper1958

sniper1958 G&G Newbie

I had a Witness steel .40 with over 3000 rounds and ZERO issues. Accurate? Just for grins (after listening to a friend brag about how accurate his XD and M&P are), I did the Mel Gibson-smiley face thing. My Witness was an excellent pistol and a very good value. The ONLY reason I recently sold it was to buy a second 1911 so I could have one platform, 2 of the same pistol and interchangeable magazines. As I progress through life, I realize simple is better!
  10. Don357

Don357 G&G Regular

Another good thing about Witness pistols is that you can interchange ALL caliber slides and barrel combinations on the same frame. How's that for simple? And no ATF paperwork either! The serial number is on the frame! Let's see Glock do that.
  11. Aarant

Aarant G&G Newbie

well after owning it a week still not shot. ranges are a pain around here. But I was doing some reading about after market products and found acouple of websites. Impact arms has a few items and Savvy Surviver has others. hope this helps for anyone looking. Anyone else know of other places to get parts or mags?
  12. HEMI

HEMI G&G Newbie

Any that I have seen up here have looked like a poor cz copy,
    if you guys like and trust yours good on you.
    Like any make some are duds and some are gems, all I have seen are duds.
    I doubt i'll see a gem because the gun shop[range] that had them won't bring them
    in anymore.
    Thanks i'll stick with proven,reliable guns such as the glocks and S&Ws for my protection.
  13. Aarant

Aarant G&G Newbie

well finally shot it for the first time today. put 50 rounds through it and not a hang up, jam or anything. really comfortable. not sure how durabilitys going to be but time will tell. I think I got a real winner out of this one. I have firedmany .45's including glock's, rugers, S&W's,and numerous 1911's of differant makes. I really like this weapon!
  14. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Aarant- Glad you like her, and sounds like she's a real shooter!
  15. ugosage

ugosage G&G Newbie

sorry guys but hemi is so right tanfoglio are cheap guns not worth putting your life on the line for save some money buy a real gun. In jamaica it is know as a vanfool