Taurus 44 MAG Scope Mounts

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by outterbanks, Jan 27, 2008.

1. outterbanks

outterbanks G&G Newbie

I have a Taurus 44 Mag in blue with a 8 3/4" Barrel. The barrel has a vent rib; can I attach a scope mount to this rib? The taurus mounts are hard to find and barrels have to tapped if you want a stable mount. I have a Taurus mount on my 357 and it works lose with time.
  2. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

Which model Taurus?
  3. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Yes, you have to buy the scope mount either from Taurus or who ever else may carry it.
    This is what you need and it comes with hardware.
    Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    The part # you need based on your description is 10-028, this fits (it says the 44B8 which is a .44 cal, 8 3/8" barrel in blue).

Double check the link yourself or call Taurus and tell them your model # and they'll confirm or get you the correct part#. But the one I gave you should be the correct one. Good Luck.

By the way, I have a Taurus Tracker, in .17cal, for plinking and I bought this mount. It is solid and works great. Most any weaver style scope fits on it. Don't get a scope too heavy though. I originally had a BSA 30mm reddot, which isn't/wasn't all that heavy, but I wanted something a little smaller, so I went with a NCStar D4B 4 reticle reddot sight.

G-Meister
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  4. outterbanks

outterbanks G&G Newbie

It is a 44 mag with a 8 3/8. The gun just has 44 mag on it, the box has Model 2-440081.

Outterbanks
  5. longrifle346

longrifle346 G&G Newbie

Taurus order #10-29

www.taurusinternational.comGreat site for Taurus owner to "favorite". Provide your serial # and they'll give model, specs and production year of your gun, makes parts ordering easier....
    I have a 44SS8. Their order # for the stainless mount is 10-29, for blue-10-28, MSRP is about $50.00! MOST of the others, ie, Midway USA's WIEGAND, were cheaper(fora reason!)and require your pistol to be drilled and tapped. Found out the hard way, should have read the consumer reviews on Midway's site. But at least when I asked "firmly" they refunded the S&H both ways! The factory mounts have two "plates" that slide through the rib vents and attach securely with 4 screws forward and another attachment point after you remove the adjustable rear site. Use "small screw" Loctite. Hope this helps...
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009