Taurus .44 mag Tracker Grip

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by steveI44, Jan 28, 2008.

1. steveI44

steveI44 G&G Newbie

I made the mistake of buying a sight unseen gun for th first time, I bought a .44 mag Tracker with a 6.75" barrel. My hands are to big for the handle, does anyone know of after market grips that would give me a little more meat to hang on to. If not I may be giving someone a pretty good deal on here on a gun with only 15 rounds through it. The gun fit most people at the range fine including my son but that's the last thing he needs!
  2. Lizard

Lizard G&G Newbie

I'm going to wait and see what sort of help people post for you. I like big hand guns because they fit my hand better. But I don't like the way that the hand grips are formed to fit smaller hands. I can never get my little finger around the bottom of the grip of anything, and that includes my S&W 500. I'd like to find or come up with larger grips for everything I have.

I pretty much assumed a big hand gun would be made to fit someone with big hands (and mine aren't huge, I can buy gloves at any store). But, not true. After reading this, I'm going to find a place that has Taurus handguns and try the hand fit before I buy on the internet. I have in fact, been looking at Taurus .44 Mag Trackers, now I'm going to make sure I try one on before I buy. (unless you have a really good price!)
  3. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Depends on what kind of material you want the grip you get to be made of? Rubber? Rubber and wood? Wood? Hogue makes quality grips. All I can suggest is try and find a dealer or gun shop that stocks one of each of different models so you can at least see how it will fit your hand. If you call or email Hogue, they will send you a catalog.

Other then that, unless you can try it on for size so to speak, before you by it, you won't know if it will fit your hand for one and for 2 of you'll even like it.
    The original wood one that came on my very first S&W model 66 combat (which I still have) was very comfortable and the checkering helped it to not slip when it got wet,damp or sweaty. I wanted someting else though and decided to switch it out for a combat style all wood grip, with finger grooves and no checkering only to find it got very slippery with sweat. I now have and have had for a while, a Pachmayr (which is another brand to consider) rubber grip with finger grooves and it has worked out great. It is all a matter of preference. But you have to know what's out there and available for your specific model and hopefully get to check it our before you buy it. Had I been able to do that with the wooden combat style one, I'd of saved about $60 bucks.

G-meister
  4. ClayMan

ClayMan G&G Regular

I have a Taurus 44 Mag Tracker with 4" tube. I did not like the factory "Ribber" grips. I was having an issue with the knuckle of my middle finger of my shooting hand getting smacked by the trigger guard on recoil. It would make my knuckle swell up. But then I got a Hogue Rubber grip. Wow, what a difference. The Hogues have a recess for the middle finger that allows my knuckle to be set back and off of the trigger guard. With the Hogue grips this is my finest revolver! You should give the Hogues a try, they're around $22 bucks and for me, they made a night and day difference. You can buy them right from Hogue or get them at MidwayUSA I believe...

Attached Files:

5. ClayMan

ClayMan G&G Regular

I have a Taurus Tracker 44 Mag with 4" tube. I didn't like the factory "Ribber" grips at all. I put Hogue rubber grips on my gun and what a difference. It turned my most hated revolver into my most prized revolver. Give the Hogue rubber grips a try, they're cheap at around $22 and can be ordered right from Hogue or found cheaper at other places like MidwayUsa, etc.

ClayMan
  6. jeepthing47

jeepthing47 G&G Newbie

I have the Taurus Tracker 44 mag also and would like to get the Hogue Grips. What model of Hogue Grips did you order. 73000???

Jeepthing47