Taurus Millenium 9mm

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ander254, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ander254

ander254 G&G Newbie

My wife is wanting a handgun for personal protection. She happened to see the pink version of the Taurus 9mm at Gander Mountain the other day and fell in love with it. Any thoughts on this model? This will be her first handgun which leads me to a smaller calliber but I think she could handle a 9mm just fine because she is 5'9" and has decent sized hands, granted she is only 130lbs.
  2. Don357

Don357 G&G Regular

I had a MilPro PT140.(basically the same gun only in .40 S&W) It was a good shooter and easily concealed. The grip was a little small for my hand, but I'm 6'2" and 254 lbs. There were some minor problems with the first generation Millenium's, but the MilPro's are usually "bug free". In my opinion, it would be an excellent piece for you or her. Although I hope you let her have the pink one! LOL
  3. ander254

ander254 G&G Newbie

yeah it would be for her but when I first saw it, i told her nobody would take her seriously with a pink gun but I guess when she fired off a round or two it will get their attention
  4. SilverRun

SilverRun G&G Newbie

I don't have any experience with the pistol, but I have not heard anything bad with them. I think she should be able to handle the 9mm with no problem. Just make sure your buddies Don't ever see you holding that pink thing .... you would be finished!
  5. bnorton325

bnorton325 G&G Newbie

my wife just recently bought the .380 version. she loves it. i only got one complaint with it...the trigger creep is long. when i put down my 1911 and pick hers up, it seems like its never gonna fire. but as a self defense pistol it is good...plenty accurate and seems to be reliable.
  6. Beer Forever

Beer Forever G&G Newbie

I have had numerous problems with Tuarus semi autos had two of their revolvers and loved them.
  7. Jettty Jay

Jettty Jay G&G Newbie

I have the Milleneum pro 9mm, in black of course. I have not had any problems with it what so ever . It is a later model, about a year old. I did here that early models had some problems. I do agree the trigger creep is longer than I would like. But at least it won't go off to easy if you get in a nervous situation. All in all I am happy with it.~JJ~
  8. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Have PT-145 Millenium in .45. Love the trigger pull in general and the "fit" of the gun. No problems.
  9. ander254

ander254 G&G Newbie

i think they charge a penalty for buying the pink version. msrp for the black is only 430ish but the gander mountain ad i saw had the pink one for above 500.
  10. ander254

ander254 G&G Newbie

well aparently Taurus is not the only ones making pink semi's. I have found a glock 19 and a springfield xd 9 with pink subframes. which would be the best 9mm?
  11. charmedmom30

charmedmom30 G&G Newbie

i just seen this and now the gun is $379 in Indiana.....will be my FIRST gun and cant wait!!!:32:lol
  12. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

I feel the Millenium is the best deal on the market right now for a lower priced handgun. Taurus seems to climb the ranks in handguns by the day. I'm not due to buy a new handgun for a while, just got an XD .40 a month or so ago, but when I do a Millenium will be one of the top choices.
  13. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

14. James41

James41 G&G Newbie

For $500 my friend they are putting it to you big time... msrp on the Taurus site shows about $419 and i have seen the 9's as low as $360 in dealers shops.

As far as the gun itself, the mil pros are a very good buy for a small defense gun. I have the PT140 that i bought over a year ago and it has been a rock solid dependable gun.
  15. James41

James41 G&G Newbie

If you can't find a better price than that $500 for a Taurus, i think i would go with either the Glock or the XD... and i think i would personally go with the XD.
  16. KW Gary M

KW Gary M Suspended

I was thinking the same thing. You can buy an XD for $500 or less if you shop around. Not too big on Glock myself but I might be wrong. There are probably a million happy Glock owners out there I just prefer XD. I still feel that if you can get it for $325 or less a Millenium is one of the best deals for the dollar. Just a great gun cheap.
  17. James41

James41 G&G Newbie

Ya, i think so too. Glock has a lot of people swearing by em, but i have just never been a fan of em. I will give em that they are a good and a dependable weapon, i just don't like em.

Now the PT140 i love. Rock solid dependable for me for over a year now with about 1,000 rounds through it. The XD i have only had for a short time, but i get the feeling it is going to be like the PT140. It just feels good when i shoot it.