taurus pt111 mill pro laser guard

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by rebeldeerhunter, Apr 19, 2012.

1. rebeldeerhunter

rebeldeerhunter G&G Regular

I have had a taurus pt11 mill pro for five years it is my ccw gun and love it. My question is if any one has had the crimson trace laser gaurd? At my lgs they had one for it for 210 otd. Was just wondering if they hold up very good. I carry when out riding fourwheeler and out scouting, fishing camping you get the idea. Also have been known to get caught out in the rain. Thanks in advance for any information.
  2. gato 1

gato 1 G&G Newbie

I have a ct laserguard that I installed on my PT111 mil pro about 3 mos. ago. As for how it holds up under cc, I don't know because I can't find a holster for that configuration. IMHO, I believe it would hold up with rigorous wear IF one had a decent holster. The laser fits tight to the trigger guard and is solid on it. I just went online looking for holsters again when I came accross your thread. So I must have looked the last time just before you posted this in April. So before you buy a laserguard make sure you can get a holster for it. If I can't find one I may look into making one myself. There is a product called "Holstex" that sells holster kits and is cheaper than Kytex. I'm hesitant because the product has to be heated to 350 degrees, then wrapped around the gun and pressed between foam rubber til it cools. The heat may damage the laser lens and/or the wiring in the circuitry. I hope this helps in some way. If I find a holster, I'll try to get back at you. Please do the same for me. Good luck to ya, Gato 1 PS, I am tickled with the Laserguard.