taurus thinning the .22rimfire heard, Discontinued models!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rex in OTZ, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Enthusiast

I went to the Taurus USA sight they have discontinued allot of there models the model 62 pump (62R=rifle, 62C=carbine) in blue and stainless steel, I seen some over the last few years with some the best wood ive seen on a rimfire.
    I have a (discontinued) Model 72C-SS a .22mag 18" stainless carbine with some rich looking wood (one hell of a performer "My best $ value")landed in Kotzebue Alaska for less than $275 (a stainless .22mag with beautiful dark figured wood for that much!!)
    the model 62 LA leveraction version of above model (R=rifle,C=carbine,SS=stainless) in blue and stainless this most recent model may of had a .22mag?
    the obscure model 63R semi auto a copy of John Brownings sweet little butt fed .22 "LR only" with the action cycled by a op rod protrudeing from the forearm , Ive only seen 2 in real life a original in .22auto, a real sweet handling gun in Blue and Stainless the blued model I had seen was very nice, we had to hold it up to the light to see the seam in the action where it takes down!
    Did I mention all these models have the take down feature standard?.
    taurus is dropping quite a few the calibers and models.
    Its ashame I hadent been turned on to them sooner before the started dropping all those various options!!!
    I think if they are still selling them next fall I'll use some the AKPFD to buy a Model 63R-SS.
  2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly G&G Regular

I really like my Model 63,it is a good shooting gun and built like a tank. I want one of the lever actions,but haven't ever found one for sale. They do put some nice wood on them,which is a bonus for the price,I think I paid $179 for my 63 NIB.

Attached Files:

3. Rex in OTZ

Rimfire Materials >these should hold there value.

One just dosent see a all steel receiver material used in makeing a .22rimfire that isant outlandishly priced out of sight, these Taurus's are from what I can tell are all take down model Copy's of Browning's Design and they sell for peanuts compared to other manufacturers, the low cost of labor and materials? the stock wood has alway's been been pretty good
    how can they not be selling them? they should be holding there value long after taurus outta business.
    All I can say is they have allot to offer for the money if your looking for a classic style .22.
  4. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly G&G Regular

Rex,Alot has to do with Taurus' Customer Service Dept.,they are rude,and act like they don't care when a customer has a problem with their products. They sold quite a few rimfires,and there have been some feeding problems,jamming,and other issues with them-most caused by the customer buying cheap bulk ammo at Walyworld. And after awhile word gets out that you don't back your product and you loose sales.
    I have several Taurus guns and have always been happy with them,until I bought a 24/7 OSS 45acp pistol last month. I had heard decent reviews about them,but mine shoots 6" low at 25ft with Remington 230gr Ball ammo,that shoots great out of every 45acp pistol that I own or that anyone that I know owns. And this gun is supposed to have a Match Grade Barrel. The gun is bad,and if I send it back to Taurus it will probably be there for 6 months before I see it again. And then it will still be the same.
  5. Rex in OTZ

Too bad the barrel doesent have a obvious flaw and they'd replace it.
  6. cisco1

cisco1 G&G Newbie

Taurus 63

Just stumbled onto this old post
    Model 63 Winchester is not a Browning design. However I am selling a Taurus 63 Deluxe. Very attractive checkered forearm and pistol grip of Brazilian brosea.Wood to metal fit Much better than standard 63 model. Has tang peepsite. NIB unfired, of course, $ 375.00 . FTF northern ILL.

Cisco E mail: cisco1@att.net