the Enfauser

Discussion in 'Curios and Relics' started by PAPA G, Aug 9, 2011.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Turkish Enfield Mauser Hybrid

quite a rare bird. according to the site Century Arms was cleaning out one of its warehouses, and found 24 of these. rather ingenious adaptaion to make odd and end rifles usable during their 1930's revamping program to create commonality amongst their infantry rifles.

couldn't decide if this belonged in the Enfield section or the Mauser, so i put it here:cool:
  2. David C

David C G&G Newbie

I've read about these, what a neat rifle. Those Turks were crafty sons-o-guns. It seems like they converted anything they could get hold of.
  3. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

I hate to imagine what that rifle is going for!
  4. H-BAR

H-BAR G&G Newbie

that's just one of many mutts slapped together by the Turks! from 1909 threw to WW2, the Turks fashioned allot of rifles out of available, and captured rifles, and converted most of them to fire the 8mm Mauser. if your a Mauser nut like me, you run across allot of them misslabled at gun shows as Mausers, mainly the Mosin/Mausers and Gew's, but i've seen quite a few "Enfausers" over the years.

the Turks are fine metal crafters, and always were, but some of there concoctions are pretty rough and not put away correctly for long tearm arsenal storage. the Enfauser is one of these. i've never seen one that was sold as shooter, mainly just wall hangers and curios, witch would make them 24 imports quite valuable indeed!
  5. R5CYA

R5CYA G&G Newbie

very interesting! thanks for that!