The New Alloy Frame Glock !

Discussion in 'Glock' started by 9mmfan, Jun 24, 2008.

1. 9mmfan

9mmfan G&G Newbie

Has anyone herd about the new alloy frame Glock? I just received some info about it from GlockStore.com. You can get it with a Aluminum Alloy frame, which weighs 4oz. more than the polymer frame, or a Stainless Steel frame which weighs 5oz. more. I guess people wont be making fun of this plastic gun anymore.......No more Kabooms ! (Hey, Billy) :joke: Lol, it comes in 9mm, .40 or .357 Sig. The bad news is..........it's going to cost ya, ..........are you sitting down? "Only" $1,449.00 plus shipping.
  2. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

a secret lab on the shores of lake titicaca
    the new improved glock!
    NOW WITH METAL SHRAPNEL!

:34:
  3. Sooner Shooter

Sooner Shooter G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

How can there be that much price difference from the polymer?
  4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 G&G Newbie

It's the Glock Store, they seem to charge double what others charge!
  5. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

LOL:burnout:
  6. 9mmfan

9mmfan G&G Newbie

Yeah, it's to bad there charging that much for it. I think they are selling just the alloy frame it's self (you add the slide and all the other parts from the Glock you have now) for around $325.00. I might be interested in that someday to add to my Glock 17.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  7. ArkansasHunter

ArkansasHunter G&G Newbie

Though I really like Glock pistols I would'nt pay over 2 cents more for one with a metal frame !!!
    That's just to much dang money to pay for a pistol, when you can buy other excellent brands, metal one's a lot cheaper !!!
    They can keep them sumbish'es as far as I care !!!
  8. 9mmfan

9mmfan G&G Newbie

Yeah, I think so too A.H., it's to bad they are jacking up the price like that........heck you can buy a custom made .45 for that much.
  9. punkndisorderly

punkndisorderly G&G Newbie

I was reading an article on this (I think) last night. I didn't see it at the glock store. But I didn't look too hard.

There's an article on a "custom" glock made by Robar on a CCF frame for $1500 in one of my magazines. At first, I wondered what the point was, but after reading the article I could understand.

The alloy and steel frames are geared more towards action shooting where the extra weight would help with recoil/controllability. They also chaged the grip angle to mimic the 1911 for those who want the grip angle of the 1911 with the simplicity of the glock pistol.

One feature that made me almost want one were the slimmer grip area and the interchangable backstraps. Glocks are on the large side for people with stubby fingers like me (especially the .45). The other feature I liked was the more aggressive texture of the grip area. Glocks are a little on the slippery side and the rubber sleeves available only add to the girth of the gripframe.
  10. 9mmfan

9mmfan G&G Newbie

Yeah, that's pretty much what they said in the quarterly catalog I get from Glockstore.com. It didn't say anything about a interchangeable back-strip, that would be interesting though. The main reason it was built, (according to them) is that the heavier weight is preferred by competition shooters because it dampens the recoil so you would have better control to shoot more accurately and to get off a faster second and third shot.

But with just a few after market parts like stainless steel guide rod for just $25.00 and a Lone Wolf Ported Barrel ($130.00) for Glock 17L, you could have a good competition Glock for a lot less money.

Here is a picture of just the alloy frame you can add to your Glock, $320.00.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  11. utahvarminter

utahvarminter G&G Newbie

CCFRace Frames are cool, but I don't find the price worth it.
  12. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

hahha

wow! $1,400 for a GLOCK? I mean say what you will about glocks whether good or bad, but for that amount of money I could (and would) by a really nice Kimber 1911.
  13. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

All it is is an after market frame, from CCFRace Frames for Glocks. Here's a link to a PDF file I found. At least that's what I understood?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu507Q...715/**http://www.ccfraceframes.com/manual.pdf

Also, here's the link to CCF that also talks about it. It is an after market frame and components...

http://www.ccfraceframes.com/about.php

And $319.95 for a frame, not $1,499.00. Unless someone else builds it? At the above link, click on the options and pricing link on the right.

WOW, can even get the frame with a 1911 grip angle. Also, the Titanium frame has been suspended due to the unexpected rise in cost of the material...
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  14. punkndisorderly

punkndisorderly G&G Newbie

Here's a link to the Robar Glock that I was talking about.

Robar Alloy Xtreme Handguns

I went back and reread the article last night. It's cool, but I think for that price I'd get a Springfield TRP, some Wilson Mags, and a case of ammo.
  15. 9mmfan

9mmfan G&G Newbie

Thanks, that's the exact same gun that Glockstore.com has for $1,449.00, and it gives a lot more information about it than Glockstore does too. Now, if they had that for about $500 to $600 I might buy it.
  16. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

You can buy the frame for $319.95 and put your parts in it.Or you can upgrade some of the parts and do it that way.

Example. I can buy a frame to replace myG35 polymer frame. Put the Storm Lake Barrel I bought in it and the other parts from my G35 and if I want, even upgrade some of them and I'll have an alloy framed Glock. But I'm going to stick with it how it is, never had a problem. And if it was such a bad thing, why then are all the others, Sig, S&W,Springfield, etc.etc.etc, now making them out of the same material.

Um, to capture back some or most or even all of the market Glock took and has...