Thousands Of Federal Workers Owe Back Taxes

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brother Bob, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

2. DWFan

DWFan G&G Enthusiast

Interestingly, they seldom go after doctors who rack up hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loans either.
  3. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Im guessing this is a lot of staffers, aids, and other people not necessarily actual elected congressmen or senators. If that was the case I'm sure the other side would be all over it.

But there is not anything saying that all these misc. employees are not being subject to wage garnishments and other things. Obviously several of them have been audited and others are already on payment plans etc.
  4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

5. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Doesn't matter to me who owes what and why. But all should be treated the same. If you're going to garnish my or any other civilians wages. then garnish the wages of everyone.

If you're going to make me pay every cent I owe, if I ever owe and can't afford to pay, then make every one pay every cent they owe.

The good ole double standard strikes again.
  6. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

What would we expect from elitests that are above the law?
  7. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Enthusiast

Since Obummer got elected they have been auditing like CRAZY!!! They hit us and of course we were fools and not prepared (I know, I know, keep ALL records for a least 7 yrs) but we didnt keep track of them very well. Needless to say we now have been audtited and they say we owe (with interest) about 6 thousand. We made an agreement to pay so much a month and are doing so now. It wouldnt bother me AT ALL. IF I knew our elected officals were paying theirs, but i know better than that. But my biggest problem is by the time they finish taxing EVERYTHING in our lives they wind up getting AT LEAST 50% of EVERYTHING you make. And in many cases more. And our elected officials just use their offices to make themselves richer and richer and richer................
  8. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Landlubber Pirate Forum Contributor

The report does not offer specific explanations for the delinquencies. Many people who owe back taxes file returns but cannot pay the full amount when their taxes are due, said IRS spokesman Anthony Burke. Others may be disputing the bill, may have filed jointly with a spouse who owes taxes or may have had their tax bills increased by an audit and cannot pay the higher amount.

Oh I just love how the above statement is white washed and candy coated. In 2005 relaps from a heart attack. Had to stop work. Started fileing for SSI/Disability. In 2007 kicked out of house by X physco b--ch from hell, I was off work no income for 20 months. Forced to return to work. Because I returned to work in 2007 and I was approved for SSI/Disability in 2008 the IRS said I owed 10,000.00 bucks. I pitched a fit, screamed yelled, and raised hell, and got it lowered to 6,000.00 bucks. I got on the payment plan and I now owe a little over 5,000.00 bucks. Have not seen a Fed refund in 2 years. They take it. Now if that don't frost your b-lls. They sure do protect thier own.
    Is this what they call the American Plan? Oh yeah, I'm an American so plan on gettin screwed. Sorry about that, what was I thinking, my own country is'nt going to screw one of thier own over. Oh, but they have screwed us all over, because the guy who sits in the White House is from kenya. And there ain't a one of ya out there that can get me to believe other wise...

:swordfight: