Gun and Game Forum banner

tula m44 value

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  mouser868 
#1 ·
Its in good shape all it needs is the spring piece for the rear band... I would fix it before I sold it Although I probaly won't sell it (Any time soon) but would like to know its value and if I should trade for a Russian sks?

#8 ·
How would I be ruining it by refinishing it, when I think its already been refinished?
Its in good shape all it needs is the spring piece for the rear band... I would fix it before I sold it Although I probaly won't sell it (Any time soon) but would like to know its value and if I should trade for a Russian sks?

should I refinish my 1944 m44 tula?
Most of the laminates I see are about the same color as my akm stock set I refinished... how is a tula laminate suppose to look?

I can't find a number on the stock, from what I've read they didn't really worry about numbering the stock

I didn't know it MAY have been refinished, you didn't say anything in either post! It still looks pretty good in the pictures you posted. Its a Tula m44, not a lot of them around!!

#9 ·
How would I be ruining it by refinishing it, when I think its already been refinished?
To quote Ted Turner when he started colorizing the movies he had purchased (not one of my favorite people, but he was right.), Turner's response to critics of colorization was very simple:
"I paid good money for those movies and I'll paint them any color I want to."

It's your rifle. You paid for it. You can do whatever you want to it that pleases you.

I have a 91/30 and an M44. I refinished both as I was unhappy with the shellac peeling in spots. I intend to refinish the M44 again because I want it darker.

Currently, my 91/30 resides in an Archangel stock I got for Christmas from my son.

It's your rifle you can do whatever you want to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.