UPDATE: PA State Game Land Rifle Range Homicide

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 9mmXDm, Jul 23, 2010.

1. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

So we got a little update on the PA State Game Land Rifle Range shooting.

The victim age 42 was shot multiple times from a distance. But they wont say where he was shot. The victim had applied for the stamp for a silencer back in Janruary. The victim's hardware was serious as it was a custom AR-15 in .308 with a silencer on it. Something like this one below but in semi auto not full auto.

[​IMG]

The murder took the victims gun and is still on the loose.
    -------------------------------------------------------

"CBS 21 News has new information about a homicide that happened at a Cumberland County shooting range Wednesday.

The Cumberland County Coroner performed an autopsy Thursday, on 42 year old todd Getgen of Enola.
    The coroner says that he died from multiple gunshot wounds, but they won't say where he was shot.

The Cumberland County District Attorney says that Todd Getgen was a firearms enthusiast. That was his hobby. He just purchased and was licensed for a custom made semi-automatic with a silencer.
    The D.A. says someone shot him from a distance and took off with his rifle.I
    It happened Wednesday in broad daylight at a public shooting range on State Game land in North Middleton Township, Cumberland County.
    Getgen's body was found there around two Wednesday afternoon, by another person who came there to use the range.
    Investigators don't know yet if he was targeted or if this was random.

" I don't want to speculate on that at this point its too early. What we know is he was shot multiple times. The gun he was using is a serious piece of machinery, expensive, it was gone," said Cumberland County District Attorney David Freed.

In Getgen's Enola neighborhood, his friends still can't believe he was murdered.

" They kind of kept to themselves good people. Just friendly, a nice, good family man," said a neighbor.

Police are still looking for the shooter.
    Meantime they're asking firearms dealers to check their inventory to see if they may have a custom built AR-15 type semi-automatic rifle with a Lewis Machine Company model Defender 2000 lower receiver equipped with a 30 HRT upper receiver and a Yankee Hill Machine Company Phantom model 308 caliber silencer.

On May 21st, North Middleton Township Police say they another firearm was reported stolen from that same shooting range, where Getgen was killed. It was a 308 caliber Remington 700 tactical rifle."
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

Stealing his gun is one thing murder is another . I hope they tac this guys murderer to the wall by his skin cover him in honey and fire ants he deserves nothing less . God rest your soul Todd Getgen .
  3. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

What is scary once more this is the range I use and having a Remington 700 Tatical in .308 and a supressed AR-15 in .308 stolen and one person murdered... Well I def. don't think I will be using this range again. I mean I don't have anything as nice as these two firearms that got stolen. But I don't want to take the chance that some person steals my Mosin Nagant M91/30, Remington 581 and soon to be bought a Mosin Nagant M44.

Sadly the pistol range is right there as well and I don't want my S.A. XDm 9mm or BERSA Thunder .380 stolen either. So it looks like I am going to have to join a club, which pisses me off slightly because shooting for free all year long sounds a heck of a lot better then spending $50 or $60 a year to shoot at a club. But now that two rifles have been stolen and guy murdered, well it might be worth it.
  4. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Hope law enforcement folks find this murderer. that he resists arrest, and that he is terminally shot during the encounter.
  5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Yeah, "shot while resisting arrest" would be justice in this case, Windwalker.
  6. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Enthusiast

"..from a distance..."???? This is no ordinary murder. I'm not saying it was a long way off, but there had to been a real motive to this.