US News gun control articles and polls

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by FS00008, Jul 28, 2012.

1. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

2. hounddawg

hounddawg G&G Newbie

Can't see no vote button nowhere.
  3. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Enthusiast

They are in the comments section . Yellow up and down arrows like up dislike down.
  4. FS00008

This. Thank you submoa.
  5. hounddawg

hounddawg G&G Newbie

A'ight. All the nays got ^ and the Ayes got v

Still looks like the halftards might have a small lead. C'mon! Make 'em reconsider their stance! Bottom line with them ain't you, it's gettin' back in!
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  6. FS00008

Yes sir!
  7. hounddawg

hounddawg G&G Newbie

This from me on that Dan Gross's argument. My comment:

It's real easy for you to scream gun-control. You live in an ivory tower far removed from the common man, and when you do deign to mingle with the 'great unwashed' you have bodyguards.

You throw out reasons like 'crime,' 'suicide,' and accidents.

CRIME: How is a law-abider to defend himself from a criminal with a gun? If guns are outlawed, what makes you think law-breakers will disarm?

SUICIDE: You really think that if someone wants to shuffle off this mortal coil, that not having a gun will stop them?

ACCIDENTS: While they are regretable, and could point to negligence, you would have to admit that there are far fewer accidental shootings than motor vehicle accidents. Do you propose restrictive measures on automobiles?

Why do you think that responsible citizens would be safer when disarmed?

I think you are so out of touch with real people that you might want to think about decending from the tower every month or so.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
  8. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

[​IMG][​IMG]
    U.N. ATT Conference Comes to an Impasse

The Conference on the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (U.N. ATT) has broken down and will not report a draft treaty to the member nations.

This is a big victory for American gun owners, and the NRA is being widely credited for killing the U.N. ATT.

For nearly 20 years, the NRA has worked tirelessly to warn American gun owners about the United Nations’ efforts to undermine the constitutional rights of law-abiding American gun owners by putting in place international controls on small arms.

NRA became a recognized Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and has monitored all U.N. activities that could impact on our Second Amendment rights. As a result, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre testified before the U.N. (2012 remarks, 2011 remarks) making it clear that the NRA would fight any international treaty that included civilian arms.

NRA worked with our allies in the U.S. Congress and successfully assembled strong bipartisan opposition to any treaty that adversely impacts the Second Amendment. On two occasions NRA was successful in convincing a majority of the U.S. Senate to sign letters to President Obama that made it clear that any treaty that included civilian arms was not going to be ratified by the U.S. Senate.

Yesterday (July 26), Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) gathered the signatures of 51 Senators on a letter to President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton opposing any treaty that infringes on our rights.
  9. hounddawg

hounddawg G&G Newbie

^ Wow! Ease up thar, Hoss. You postin' this on like 500 threads is a little like shootin' a chicken with a cannon.

I'm a member of the NRA. It was in my inbox at 07h00 this morning.
  10. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

You mean I did what you did only I did it with something I think important to all gun owners where as you did it for what?

And I'm just making sure it gets seen.

And last I knew, I'm not violating and forum rules. Now, had I started 4 or 5 different threads with just the same thing, yes. But I didn't. I merely posted the same info in the multiple threads about it and or gun control.

And I don't consider putting it in like 5 threads to be 500. So, if I may point out, just a little OVER exaggeration on your part.
  11. Erickson

Erickson G&G Enthusiast

12. big shrek

big shrek G&G Enthusiast

More Paul Kersey, less Deputy Dudley Do-right ;)
  13. gunnerdave

gunnerdave G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Done.

I noticed that the last poster I saw when I voted up anad down on the displayed comments is Josh Sugarman.

That stinking hypocrite has several FULLY Automatic weapons that he claimed he bought (legally) for "Research" as reported by the NRA (Years ago, not long after I joined teh NRA upon my retirement from the Army in '94).

He's a typical libtard demorrhoid who also thinks that while he has a right to protect himself, those of us he considers as part of "The Great Unwashed" couldn't possibly be competent to responsibly own guns.

What a PUKE!
  14. Deersniper

Deersniper G&G Newbie

Done. Now if GOA, and the NRA will keep up the constant pressure like the other side does.
  15. hounddawg

hounddawg G&G Newbie

Numbers look a whole bunch better this mornin' than they did last night.
  16. Erickson

Erickson G&G Enthusiast

Agreed, I just checked this morning... and voted again. :)
  17. hounddawg

hounddawg G&G Newbie

You know, I'm not real big on the conspiracy theories, but it's uncanny how coincidental they seem to be with any gun grab. This time it seems that a lot of folks are jumpin' the "wrong" way in the wake of this shootin' and sayin' by Gawd we need us some guns to shoot the bloomin' crazies with guns. I count this as a backfire... if, of course there is a conspiracy... which there isn't. Now wouldn't it be the worst coincident if somebody went all Jack Ruby and kilt Oswald... sorry, Holmes?
  18. Big Dog

Big Dog Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

What the raging Libtards refuse to acknowledge is that we have many, MANY laws on the books covering every possible crime and infraction, and all these killers are breaking a bunch of laws - we don't need more useless laws! What we need is stiff enforcement of the existing laws and very tough penaties for breaking thse laws! Make murder, in ANY degree, a capital offense, and carry out the sentence quickly and publicly - we'd see far fewer of these crimes committed. Right now, murder is simply a publicity stunt and the peprp gets twenty or more years of living off the publis til he <might> get put to death - and often a skilled shyster can get him a reduced sentence.

But the Demorats still throw more laws and more public money at the problem. We could do a lot better with a stout rope......
  19. OldMike1030

OldMike1030 Average Member Forum Contributor

20. FS00008

I can't believe some of these folks in the comments there..