Walther P1 Trigger Pull

Discussion in 'General Handgun' started by Bestiverhad, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Bestiverhad

Bestiverhad G&G Enthusiast

I've been looking at the Walther P1 and liking what I'm seeing and hearing, but it seems that no one ever mentions the trigger pull.

I like a nice crisp breaking trigger with no creep, like the one on my Tokarev.
    In fact, I HATE creep in any trigger.

Can someone that owns one or has shot one several times comment on the feel of the P1 trigger? Is it crisp, like breaking glass, or does it have creep?

Thanks

Edit: I'm referring to the feel of the SA pull.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I owned a P1...noticed I said "OWNED"?

Do yourself a favor. Save some extra money and buy a real P-38. The P-1 I owned was accurate but very poorly made and the trigger pull was more like a sweep.

Lot better firearms out there for the money. Save more for a real P-38....you will not be disappointed! They are fantastic pistols! But not the P-1.
  3. Felix's Tattoo

Felix's Tattoo G&G Regular

Amen. I had one for about a week. Worst shooting pistol I ever owned, next to a Ruger Vaquero.
  4. Bestiverhad

Bestiverhad G&G Enthusiast

I appreciate the input guys.

I was bidding on a 1973 P1 on Gunbroker, but after reading your comments, I stopped bidding and let the piece go.

I consoled myself by ordering a Yugo M57 instead. =^)
    I have a 1952 Polish Tokarev, love it, and after hearing Cyrano and others give rave reviews about the M57, I decided one would make a nice addition to my collection.

I can only hope that when it comes, it'll be as nice as my Polish is.
  5. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Enthusiast

If you really want a P-38, these are about the only ones I know of online. Last time I was in PSA I looked at one. They had a case of about 15 out front. They looked to all be in very good to excellent condition. Some will have rough milling in places because some are war-time dated. However, the one I picked up and looked at(picked at random) operated smoothly and the trigger was about the same as almost every other SA/DA steel framed pistol. DA wasn't unbearable and SA was decent.
    WWII German P-38 9mm 5'' Sprewerke Factory Made - Walther - Handguns - Firearms
    WWII German P-38 9mm 5'' Walther Factory Made - Walther - Handguns - Firearms
  6. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

I agree your best bet is buying a P38 and not a P1. So when your in the market again for one go P38 or go home. I love my fathers P38 it is the best 9mm I have shot in my life. Even better then the 9mm S.A. XDm I used to own a couple years back.
  7. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Enthusiast

Well I have a P-1, but like everybody is saying, trigger pull is not good and it is not that accurate. But my favorite 9mm is my FN Hi-Power with Crimson Trace laser grips!