WesternField .410

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 22and410avid, Mar 10, 2010.

1. 22and410avid

22and410avid G&G Newbie

I just got this Western Field Model M150D .410 3" Chamber . Now I know it's actually a Mossberg made for Wards. The guy I got it from says he bought it at Walmart 8 years ago.When I look at this rifle I see OLD.I need someone to tell me I'm not going nuts,and help me verify that.
  2. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat G&G Newbie

A picture or detailed description would be most helpful...... You are correct about Western Field being marketed by Montgomery Ward..... the rest is unknown....
  3. 22and410avid

22and410avid G&G Newbie

Here are some pics of my .410

Attached Files:

4. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat G&G Newbie

No doubt that it's a Mossberg.... There are no less than 19 different models of that gun depending on gauge and options. "Options" were mainly the choking device, some were fixed and others had a removable or adjustable device. Yours still has the safe and fire buttons which are usually lost and are almost impossible to replace. As best as I recall they actually had the F and S impressed into them. The choke devices are still available if you look hard enough, I found some for my BIL about 3 or 4 years ago.

When I was a kid 2 of my friends had those same guns. One of them had an adjustable choke and the other had a changeable choke. I had my Grandfathers double barrel and we all shot .410 at birds, squirrels, whatever we saw fit to shoot.
  5. 22and410avid

22and410avid G&G Newbie

I knew this gun wasn't sold at walmart 8 years ago.It shoots fine,theres a little surface rust on the bolt,and the stock has a few scratches on it. Also there is a tiny bit of pitting on the barrel. The inboard clip holds 3 rnds,and works fine.I just wonder what it would be worth,I gave 70 bucks for it,hope it was worth it.
  6. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat G&G Newbie

50 in fair condition to 90 in excellent..... 70 is just about half way and sounds fair..... To me their like an 1100, ugly as home made sin but they go BANG everytime you pull the trigger!!!! Exactly what they are supposed to do......