What do you think?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by DaTeacha, Feb 23, 2012.

1. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

Okay, I think we all are not real pleased with the hit to the wallet that will accompany the latest leap in gas prices. I wonder, however, if it is all bad.

Tell us what you think after reading my logic.

Higher gas prices will cause an across the board rise in prices, adversely impacting any gains the economy has made, albeit slowly, in the past year. They may even, if they continue, drag us backward from that standpoint.

That, in turn, will mean there will be no basis for anyone to talk about how their policies or programs or efforts or prayers or anything else has turned the recession around. In fact, it may get worse unless someone opens the tap on our strategic petroleum reserves to artificially lower the cost of crude here in the U.S.

The result of that is many folks who might otherwise have voted for Entitlements Inc. come November will probably not be so inclined, and the chance for them to have 4 more years of public parasitism will be reduced.

So, bottom line, although I do not enjoy the rapidly rising cost of gas, thinking it will prevent certain people from being given a chance to continue forcing their philosophy on the rest of us for another 4 years makes me think the silver lining might be bigger than the cloud.

What do you think? Try to avoid politicizing this thing so it stays here where more see it and can add their voices. Just let us know if you think the gas price rise will impact the election in November and in what way.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  2. TheLastMountain

TheLastMountain G&G Enthusiast

The thing is, just before election Obama will release enough fuel from our "stock pile" and lower fuel prices just to say, "See what I did?" It has been done by both sides before. JMO.
  3. docmaghee

docmaghee G&G Newbie

BOHICA= Bend Over Here It Comes Again?????I hate gas prices....
  4. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Mountain makes a point, Teach. The question is, will the People be taken in by so transparently, self-serving a tactic by Bobo the Clown? I'd like to hope the answer is No, but I've been wrong before.
  5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Newbie

The majority of the voters will be gubmint leaches that don't care that much about gas prices.

It will not help our cause. It will just cost us more to do what we need to do.
  6. SasquatchSniper

SasquatchSniper G&G Newbie

I agree with all of the above
  7. nathangdad

nathangdad G&G Newbie

Yes,

America's rather complex and intertwined economic functions will suffer with a rise in fuel prices. Consumers will be harmed. Purchasing will diminish across the board. Obama will get blamed by the Republicans.
    The Republicans will offer no plan of action. Voters will be less inclined to vote for anyone in November. Personal bankruptcies will rise as a portion of the population gets pushed over the edge. More people will hang onto jobs rather than retire thus making reduced employment opportunities for younger workers. The purchasing of large pickups, vans, and smaller commercial trucks will diminish throwing many auto workers out of a job.
    Home building prices will rise blunting any gains in this economic segment.
    The airline industries will see fewer personal flyers. It goes on an on.

However, the petro-cartels will show record quarterly profits thus making the politicians happy. After all, the politico-piglets like to suckle the sow of corporate largess.
  8. LeftHandShooter

LeftHandShooter G&G Enthusiast

He already got elected that way, why not again?

All the masses do is listen and not confirm, so it will always work.