What is the best ammo for a Ruger P95DC 9mm?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jabshire, Feb 17, 2009.

1. jabshire

jabshire G&G Newbie

I have a Ruger P95DC that I have had for a little over a year and a half. I usually buy the winchester 9mm target rounds from walmart. The problem is that it jams every so often. The last time I went to the range I went through a 100 round box and it jammed twice. The round has no problem firing but the cartridge does not eject from the gun. My dad has a Walther P22 that he recently got and it is very picky with ammo if he gets some cheper ammo the slide will sometimes not come back and catch the next round. I am thinking part of my problem is that the ammo I am using is not powerful enough to bring the slide back and eject the spent cartridge. All the fourm post I read talk about how the p95 eats anything you put through it but mine seems picky. Do you think there is a problem with the gun or does any one have a suggestion on a better brand/type of ammo to use? I clean the gun every time I leave the range. Thanks, Jake.:feedback:
  2. dmsbandit

dmsbandit G&G Newbie

upstate New Yorkistan [the first openly totalitian
    Auto pistols are noted for jamming if you limp wrist them. You need to keep your hands and wrist firmly in place. Make sure you are following good techniques when you shoot.

Have you cleaned the gun lately? There could be something in the chamber that is causing the shell to stick inside it.

Try a different brand of ammo. Sometimes the burn rates or bullet styles can cause issues with the functioning of auto-pistols.

I have a P-89, and if I size and seat the bullets correctly, it goes bang 100% of the time. I also have a P-22 Walther. So far it shoots anything I load in it without a complaint.
  3. tfd309

tfd309 G&G Newbie

Pollish

----------------------

My recomendation is polishing the chamber , sounds like its getting sticky in there to me once in awhile with Winchesters dirty ammo . Might as well pollish the feed ramp too while your at it . I doubt its a Powder or Power problem since all 98 other rounds fire and eject correctly .

Boken
  4. teamlungbuster

teamlungbuster Suspended

try wolf ammo it is a cheap blasting round but i have never had a problem with it.
  5. earlofselkirk

earlofselkirk G&G Newbie

Load of SH%$

Dont ever put Wolf or other steel casing cheap shells into any gun you care about. If you cant afford good bullets dont buy cheap'o's. They leave resido in the weapon and I like my weapons clean. Wolf are for people that need to fire 100 shells to make one bulleye. Go Winchester or Federal that wont damage the weapon and are a good price...

:usa2: SEMPER FIDELIS BABY!!!