Where do I get a Mosin Nagant?

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by younggun308, Jan 30, 2007.

1. younggun308

younggun308 G&G Newbie

I've heard that I could get a Mosin Nagant for around $75, where do I get one? I haven't seen them at my local shooter's supply. Do I go to a pawn shop or something?
  2. Spikestrip

Spikestrip G&G Newbie

The post below will tell ya :)
  3. troylaplante

troylaplante G&G Newbie

4. younggun308

younggun308 G&G Newbie

Okay, so i have to buy one online?

I didn't see any Mosin's on the link you gave me. I saw some at GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction, do you think that's a good place to get one?
  5. golem1961

golem1961 G&G Newbie

try jg sales in prescott az. J&G Sales .arsenal refinished 91/30 w/acc. $74.99 out the door
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  6. younggun308

younggun308 G&G Newbie

That J&G sales site has it all, thanks!
  7. troy2000

troy2000 Suspended

Big 5 Sporting Goods stores, if they're in your part of the country. They rotate thru their stock of milsurps, putting them on sale. Th M44's and 91/30's come up regular as clockwork, for $79.00 or less.
  8. troylaplante

troylaplante G&G Newbie

The link I gave has a bunch of dealers from whom you can order. No, you don't have to order online. Call the dealers and order direct, with an FFL holder in your area lined up to receive the shipment.

I personally don't buy any Mosins or other rifle that I can get from some place like Southern Ohio Gun or AIM Surplus, since they have plenty and I can get them cheaper. Gunbroker generally has prices run up high by people who don't know better.
  9. couchtr26

couchtr26 G&G Newbie

Try Classic Arms Inc. they have them as low as $65 but you will need the C&R as stated above.
  10. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Go to Wal-Mart or your local bookstore and pick up a copy of Shotgun News. It is basically a newspaper full of ads and a few articles on all kinds of guns-especially mil-surps. You will find tons of ads for M\N's. As stated also, Big 5 is a good source if you live in the southwest.
  11. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I had real good luck with SOG...Always got nice all number stamped matching Mosins in Ex. refurb condition...that was a couple yrs ago though...

I'm starting to see alot of electro matched Mosins out there now.
  12. troylaplante

troylaplante G&G Newbie

Or have them ship to your own FFL, which will cost at least $20 for a transfer fee. Some charge more. That $30 C&R license pays for itself with the first purchase.
  13. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yup...I've gone broke saving money...;)
  14. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

That's actually "The West", as we have an abundance of Big 5's up here in the Northwest.

*cue high-noon, Clint Eastwood cowboy whistle* doo-wee-oo-wee-oooooo... wah-wah-wah.
    :drive:
  15. N2914J

N2914J G&G Newbie

I really miss Big 5. I used to live in Washington State (a little north of Everett, you might know "Arlington", just_a_car), and Southern California, and they were all over the place. They're one of the main Sporting Goods stores on the West Coast. If you're on the west coast, I stongly recommend Big 5.
  16. couchtr26

couchtr26 G&G Newbie

True, but I've never really ordered one without it to be honest. I don't know, not much of one for ordering. Except through my 03, I pretty much go for what is available. However, the 03 is pretty easy to get and I advise anyone interested in old guns to get one ASAP. I did purchase a couple Mosins before getting it but the local price is about $100-$150. I'm in OK, no Big 5's. Those who deal with them here are after a huge profit. Very little respect around here for them too.
  17. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

Yup, I know Arlington; been to the fly-in once and passed through on my way to Bellingham many-a-time. I actually live south of Everett, north of Seattle, in Edmonds. Used to live in South Park, south Seattle, just across the Duwamish River from the original Boeing Field. Lived here all my life.