WINCHESTER LEVER ACTION 44 MAG.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by musicjazzbass, Apr 27, 2008.

1. musicjazzbass

musicjazzbass G&G Newbie

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE VALUE OF MY NEW RIFLE. IT HAS NEVER BEEN FIRED . IT IS THE ORIGINAL SADDLE RIFLE. SHORT BARREL, AND RING ON THE SIDE. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CURRENT VALUE ? AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY 44 AMMO ON LINE. THANKS RON
  2. Mike Franklin

Mike Franklin G&G Newbie

With the costs of shipping going up and unless you order a bunch you'd likely just as well off buying at a Shop.
    The .44 mag is not the most popular Cowboy gun but they are desireable. Contact your local Cowboy Action Shooting Club, or visit a gun show, and see if there's a buyer. You could likely make a very good swap, say a .30-30 plus boot for your .44.
  3. Hotled

Hotled G&G Newbie

Caps lock:kiss:
  4. turner

turner Suspended

I'd figure the value at somewhere around $550.
    As far as inexpensive ammo, I have found this company to be very easy to work with and has decent shipping costs too:
    44 Magnum 240 gr JHP 1250 fps (50 Rounds) - Wisconsin Cartridge LLC.
  5. GlockMeister

GlockMeister G&G Enthusiast

Turner, I took a look at the site you linked for ammo. Is that stuff new manufacturer ammo or reloads? I only ask because all of the boxes showed in the pictures, were no name white boxes and just listed/shows the cartridge,gr,and bullet style?
  6. turner

turner Suspended

New manufacture, to the best of my knowledge. I have ordered a bit over $100 in three different calibers and it should be arriving within the next few days. The way this site was recommended to me was as newly loaded/manufactured ammo. The prices seem to be excellent for my purposes. I'll re-post if the ammo seems anything less than high quality, newly manufactured.
  7. JASON6969

JASON6969 G&G Newbie

you can buy the aforesaid 44 mags 240gr jhp at your local wallyworld that where i get mine they are winchester