Guidelines and Terms For Useage Of GunAndGame.com
In an effort to make Gun and Game.com more enjoyable for our members, we have adopted the following simple posting guidelines. We would prefer not to moderate a single post, but not all of our members feel that way. We’re trying our best to find a happy medium but as this forum grows many situations will need to be handled with care. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding in creating an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone.
1) Respect other members. Do not flame, badger, disrespect or taunt anyone on the forum. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close it or delete it. A healthy debate is welcomed and encouraged. Personal attacks and name calling serve no purpose on this forum. Please be respectful to your fellow shooting enthusiasts whether they are new shooters or seasoned veterans (we were all new once). You can, and will be banned if you continue this type of behavior.
2) Trolling – Posting comments with the sole purpose of starting pissing matches with members, libel persons or groups, or to disrupt the forum, will cause your stay here to be short.
3) Advertising for ANY business or product in usernames, signatures or avatars is not allowed, UNLESS you are a site sponsor. These will be removed. Creating threads or posts to advertise any business or product will be considered spam and will be deleted. Posting offenders risk being immediately banned. If you are a Business or have a product or service that would be of interest to our members please click the Contact Us Link at the bottom of every page, to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to you and your company.
4) PERSONAL classifieds from members are allowed in the appropriate "for sale" areas of the site as long as you are not a Business Vendor and it is your personal property you are selling. Opportunity to buy is in the order of who posts they want it first. All NFA rules/firearm transfer laws apply.
5) Double Posting - Multiple, Repeated or Cross posting (posting the same information in two or more separate forums) is not allowed and can result in the deletion of one or both posts. We understand that some topics might fit into more than one forum. Please try to pick the best one and stick with it. PLEASE try to put topics in the correct forums!
6) Profanity is not tolerated in thread titles, or posts. Try to be as descriptive as possible when creating new threads. Getting the help you're looking for is as simple as generating an informative thread title. Titling your thread, "hey" or "question" will not get the views or response that you're looking for. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on otherwise prohibited language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well. However, out in the real world, it's not so sanitary, when posting a video where it is intended to be used as a teaching tool, you have zero control over what other people say on the video. Whether it's a firearms instructor who may say a few bad words during the course of instruction, or whether you're posting a video surveillance tape of a violent crime being committed and there happens to audio which has people using foul language. The staff feels we shouldn't lose that valuable information because of the bad language rule. A conspicuous warning posted along with the video should be sufficient to satisfy those who have delicate ears. 7) Use of bad language or profanity may cause your post to be edited or the post deleted by forum staff. If your post crosses the line of what’s deemed acceptable behavior by the forum staff your post will be deleted. Virtually everyone who has the intelligence to handle firearms, discuss in print, those firearms….and operate a computer, is expected to have the ability to communicate without resorting to foul, offensive, vulgar, derogatory, abusive language, or sexual references. You may receive an infraction, and/or given a temporary ban or be permanently banned from the forum, without notice, for violations of this policy.
8) Each member is allowed one account. Multiple user account registrations for one individual are not permitted. We have tools designed to detect multiple accounts and, when discovered, we reserve the right to delete, ban, revoke or merge any or all of these accounts, without further notice.
9) Spamming/advertising in the general forums is not tolerated. Again, if you have a product or service that would be of interest to our members please click the Contact Us Link at the bottom of every page and choose the "Advertising Inquiry" option to learn how you can join our team and help support our community. We offer low-cost packages that can be of great benefit to you and your company. Copyrighted material. If you are posting a copyrighted story, our rules permit the first paragraph being copied verbatim with a link pointing to the rest of the article/story's original source. You should summarize the rest of the story, in your own words, after the link. DO NOT cut and paste a complete article or story and DO NOT simply provide a link without further comment.
10) A promotion of competing sites and/or forums is not allowed. Using the name of other sites or even posting a link to a pertinent thread from another site is acceptable, but repeatedly referring to other related sites is considered SPAM and will not be allowed. Users are not allowed to link to other forums in signatures, posts or PM's in effort to generate traffic to a competing site. This will be up to the discretion of the Forums Staff.
11. Any post advocating any illegal action will be removed and the poster warned.
12. Posts should be made in the forum that is most relevant to the subject matter of the post. Repeated non-relevant posts will be removed.
A note on FREE SPEECH:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. Gun and Game is not listed in the Bill of Rights. We are, however, a privately owned venture and as such, your freedom of speech does not grant you a right to post anything you may wish to say on this forum. These rules are a contract you agree to when you become a member of this forum and members are expected to adhere to them. Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights. If you do not like our rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own. You may or may not be notified if action or actions are needed to be taken. Moderators and Administrators have the final word. Should you ever have any issues with anything forum related please feel free to send a Private Message to any of our forum Moderators. We do understand that some topics are very "HOT BUTTON" issues and/or you may perceive some Moderator action to be unfair. That is fine and please do feel free to discuss your issue with any Moderator VIA Private Mail in a civil and respectful manner.
Please Note: Losing your temper, ranting, name calling, sarcastic tone and general disrespect in a conversation message to a Moderator or Administrator will get you removed from the forum as well as ranting and whining publicly in thread/posts with regard to perceived "unfair" rules and moderation.
Any content that is not covered by the rules listed above, fall under the guidelines of a "family friendly forum".
"I believe most of you don't need a list of rules to follow, because your parents raised you right. You also remember how much you hated the taste of soap or how your butt felt after it had been touched by leather.
These rules are here for those that weren't so lucky, and to help foster a place where people can enjoy
the talk of firearms and fellowship, in a family friendly environment. Those that don't want to follow that guideline, are free to leave, and start their own forum."
Have fun and enjoy the forums! If you have any questions, please start a conversation with Chris, or any of the friendly folks that volunteer their time, and energy to the site.