Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
I think his problem with the first two is probably ammo quality/tuned to rifle in the first place. And with the .308 Stag Arms the barrel probably as being finicky and maybe the ammo as well.
The last it's great when all the things come together ain't it?👍

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
Google sucks (or I suck at using it today), so I can't find it now, but around 2017 or 2016 one of the gun magazines did this big article comparing scout rifles. They tested a couple dozen of them and ranked them.

The Savage Model 11 Scout came out as number three for accuracy, and the Axis barely missed the top 10. The Mossberg was in the top 20.

I don't want to mess it up because I can't remember which two models beat the Model 11, but I do remember one was a $15,000+/- gun and the other was a $6,000+ one, and the fourth gun on the list was a $3,500+/- gun. The MSRP on the Savage was $650 or something like that. Between that and the Axis were a whole bunch of four-and-five-digit-price-tag guns from Italy, and Austria, and Japan, and France, and Germany, and Israel, and high-end American sporting rifles or tactical rifles.

That said, there were quite a few four digit price tags between the Mossberg and the Axis.

·
Premium Member
Winchester, Colt 1911, S&W revolvers
464 Posts
I was in a range today with a dude that was very accurate with a Savage bolt in .223 REM.

It's the same as my S&W Model 15 5.56 NATO except he had a big expensive scope.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yep, I have an older savage (200?) in .223, and an early axis in .308. Both shoot well. Picked up another axis in 30-06 couple years back, haven’t had it out but I don’t doubt it will shoot well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts