close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10/22 Accurizing

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by k8cca, Mar 22, 2002.

1. k8cca

k8cca G&G Newbie

Hello,

Just bought a new 10/22T and although I have not had a chance to shoot it, are there any "normal" items to deal with as far as making it shoot better. Also are the hi-cap clips worth the hassel or should I just get a few 10 rnd. clips?

Thanks!

2. JohnD

JohnD Member

If you want to blast a somthing like cans you or you are varmint hunting you can shoot lots of ground squirres before you change clips and you would have less missed shots because your empty. Get the clips with the steel lips if you are going to get them because the plastic ones will wear out. they are more money but I think they are worth it. but when you use the bench they get in the way.

3. augerx

augerx G&G Newbie

I remember when you could get 30 rnd clips for a 10/22 for $15. They usually jammed like every other round. I think they were made by Eagle or something. Plastic junk. Recently, I went to the local gun show and they wanted $95, USED!!Unreal, if you ask me.

4. BigJake

BigJake G&G Regular

yep Clinton really wanted to make sure no one entered a school and started shooting people with 30 round mags full of 22 bullets. especially ones that could jam. sheesh. makes me wish mine had a fold out bayonett. and a flash suppressor..... or whatever.

The most reliable ones seem to be factory. If someone knows something else dont keep it a secret. I heard hot(plastic)lips are allright. I use the factory 10s because they are mags. (enclosed)
    and dont beg to break also dont snag your coat when you see the big fat monster fox Squirell and the albino Squirellzilla.

5. Jack O

Jack O G&G Newbie

I have 4 30rnd mags by Buttler Creek and have never had one jam. I've had'em about 5 years. Just my input

6. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

You know what I wish they had? An adapter to use other hi cap 22 mags in the 10/22. Like AR-7, or Buckmark mags. The Ruger well's pretty thick, they shouldn't have any problems fitting it in with room for detaching mechanisms.

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I just shot my brand new 10/22. It's getting a trigger job before I shoot it again