close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10/22 ammo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oddbawl, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Hey,
    Just knocked off a brick of ammo through my new rifle, it's near the top of my list as the most fun to shoot. Anybody have recommendations on the best ammo for targets?

2. For everyday target shooting and plinking I prefer CCI.

What kind of .22 rifle did you get? I hope you enjoy many, many trouble free hours of fun....fer sure.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yup, CCI is good for me and get some match ammo when fine tuning.

4. I got a 10/22t and I just scoped it with a Bushnell 4-12 x40mm scope. What kind of match ammo is good?

5. amax155

amax155 G&G Newbie

ammo for 10-22

I get my best groups with winchester power points. I like the new cci velocitors, but I have not shot them for groups. I have a stock 10-22 cept for a 20" clerke bull barrel, and a 4x16 tasco mag IV scope. I can shoot 1/2 groups at 50 yds with the power points.:assult:

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Good shooting bro, them 10/22's sure can shoot for the price can't they!?

7. Tim W

Tim W G&G Newbie

Hey Oddbawl,

You will find that 22s will shoot a respectable group with most ammo but there will be one brand it really likes and the groups will tighten up. For target shooting I would try that Wolf Target Match. It is inexpensive and works as good as the high buck stuff in a few of my 22s. Of course there are excrptions.I have a couple rifles that won't shoot worth a d**n with the Wolf. Try it for starters then try to find as many brands to try.

Just my 02¢
    Good Luck
    Tim:D