close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10/22 scope&stock question

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by AR-tim, Apr 14, 2002.

1. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    I have a plain old 10/22. I am thinking about puting a new stock and a scope on it. I use this gun for plinking and small game hunting(squirrel/rabbit). Does anyone make a camo stock and/or scope that is in the militarty woodland camo pattern? I want it in that pattern because I go hunting in military BDU's, and I think that would look pretty slick. Does anyone make a camo stock/scope at all? Does anyone have any experience with these products?

Thanks

-Tim

2. mjm90675

mjm90675 G&G Newbie

PA
    I believe that Choate makes camo stocks for the 10/22 as for the scope i am not sure

3. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I've seen camo scopes out there occasionally. As far as scope mounts, I picked up a black weaver rail at Trader Horn for $5. They're pretty common. My personal opinion is if you want it done right, do it yourself. If you're an authentic camo kind of guy, you should be able to paint stuff in the pattern of your choice, not settle for someone else's pattern, especially as the stock and scope will likely not match. As far as mounts go, you could get a weaver rail, or see-thru mounts. I have both, and switched back to the see-thru. All a matter of preference. The kind of Camo pattern that Choate uses is not something I like at all... primarily bluish grey, with red and yellow lines.
    As far as stock style, are you looking for a traditional or pistol gripped stock?

4. JohnD

JohnD Member

get the camo tape and tape er up, nice thing about it is that it is cheap and not permanent and you can even cover the barrel and mags and scope. That is what I would do and have done. Also it protects the stock and gun from minor scraches and dings. but you do have to re-do it every year.

5. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    Stock style wouldn't matter to me. The camo tape idea would be cheap and effective(I'll think about it). Just painting a stock on my own would be an idea too, but I am not too sure about painting a scope..Thanks for the replies, I'll let you know.

Thanks

-Tim

6. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

10/22 can work well with the cheapest scopes out there. I wouldn't worry about messing up the scope at all. What kind would you use, fixed power or variable?

7. AR-tim

AR-tim G&G Newbie

WI
    I would probably use a variable power scope, but haven't really though about it, or looked into scopes for it yet.

Tim

8. Dailey

Dailey G&G Newbie

Check yer local Wal-mart. The ones here in Az. sell a cheap 3 to 9 scope in realtree camo.

9. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

I put a cheap($100) Bushnell 4-12x scope from walmart on my 10/22 abouty three years ago and it has worked great for me. If you want a camo scope buy one of these and paint it whatever pattern you want.