close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10/22T or 'customize' existing 10/22?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Subject line pretty much says it all. Should I get the new stock, heavy barrel, scope & rings for my 10/22 or just get a 10/22t that just needs scope & rings?

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I'm gonna custimize my stock stainless 10/22. It might cost ya more in the long run but it will be done YOUR way, by YOU. Nothing like sitting back and saying "I did this"!

3. Watch your pocketbooks, boys. You could buy a good car for what you can spend customizing those little zingers......:jaw:

4. I did some customizing on one years back that was stolen in the burglary of my home.

Can't remember just how much I spent on a new stock....bull barrel.....two 25 round banana clips.....nice sling.....scope, etc.

But, I will say this much the gun still shot the same before...and after...no better...no worse.

5. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I have shot a customized 10/22 & it was far easier to shoot well at 100 yards than my stock sample at 1/2 that distance. I'm thinking, tho, that the right barrel w/ proper optics will do the job quite well....:hmmm:

6. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Cyclops, You can find a Barrel and stock combo for about $150.00 or so Cabela's has them. And a good scope always helps, and like NRAJOE I am doing my 10/22 cant wate to take it Hunt'n...

7. Dailey

Dailey G&G Newbie

If you already have a 10-22 carbine you are half way to your goal. There is an entire world of parts and modifications just waiting for you to explore. I hang out on a different forum that caters to rimfire shooters and have found that the sky is the limit. You can get a "stock/bull barrel" combo from many different sources for less than the price difference of the carbine and the T model, and it will probably be more accurate. However those hammerforged Ruger barrels are pretty sexy. Besides, if you get them both, you will have two rifles. And two is always better than one, right? Check this out for all of your 10-22 questions.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/