Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Played around in the garage today and tested what I call my 10 minute stove. One electrical outlet box, four screws and a small can of Sterno. I can heat a small can of water in about 5 minutes. Install the screws in the four tabs on the box, knock out the inserts on the bottom and away you go. for your info folks. I call it my truck stove.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 171703
Here it is. Four holes and made for 4 screws to install and adjust to hold pot above fuel canister I take it?
Yup that be her. Knock out those five pieces in the bottom and I used small bolts with locking nuts on them and JB Weld to hold them in place. Water heated in the 5-10 minutes I was on the phone chatting with Chesterwin and solving world problems. The bolts were long enough to allow the box to set about 1-2 inches off the ground and I used small Sterno cans.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That鈥檚 a 4 11/16 box. Two gangable metal cut in boxes would be good, too! Either way, I鈥檓 stealing this idea.
That is why I posted it. For our folks to put it to use. Just like the canteen I posted some time back. Sometimes, Shade Tree Engineering is the best and cheap.

The outer edge of civilization
Okay! Now I get it...lol

The screws are for feet, you punch out the holes so the heat can get through and you put whatever you're heating on the box!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had put this together some time back and just got around to testing it. I have an insulated cup for coffee and have made instant rice in that before by using hot water from a convenience store. Now I can set up and do my own. Off subject tip. This time of year I have bought small cans of stuff like beanee weenees and Ravioli. Put them on the defroster covered with foil and a dishtowel and in about 3 hours warm food. I have even warmed leftovers that way.

Resident Curmudgeon
Certainly costs less than the folding metal stove that runs on twigs, pine needles, trioxane tablets, or what have you that is intended to take a canteen cup or something similar that I have in my personal emergency kit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Certainly costs less than the folding metal stove that runs on twigs, pine needles, trioxane tablets, or what have you that is intended to take a canteen cup or something similar that I have in my personal emergency kit.
The only expense was for the Sterno. Everything else was scrounged.

Registered
Awesome. I like it.

Reactions: rando and neophyte
1 - 20 of 39 Posts