close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

10 shot L Frame Rimfire Revolver

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, May 16, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

anybody out there have any experience with the Smith 617 with the 10 round cylinder ? :confused:
    :fuss: :nod: :target:

2. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

Had a chance to shoot a cylinder full over the weekend. Saw someone w/ what looked like a target 617 (6" w/ adjustable sights) & had to see for myself. Nice trigger out of box, smooth, but a tad heavy.

3. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    I'd love to hear some more responses too. I've been wanting a 4" one for quite some time, just haven't been willing to lay out the required cash yet.

later,
    AJ

4. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

Saw a 617,10 shot full lug at a gun range here. he wanted $500, does that seem high to you guys? I have a 17-3 that I've had since '73 6 in. 6 shot, no lug . Wonderful little gun. LOVE it:nod:

5. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    Seems way high to me. I won't go that high for one, which is probably the reason I don't have one yet... LOL If its NIB though, its only a little bit too high. If you could get it for about $475 you wouldn't be too far out of line.

later,
    AJ

6. Ok did I miss something what caliber? I ain't familiar with that pistol. I assume 22.

7. hipowr

hipowr G&G Newbie

NE PA
    Yup, the 17 and 617 are K Frame .22 LR's.

later,
    AJ

8. captw3

captw3 G&G Newbie

I own a 6" in stainless with houge grips, my wife loves it. It is very accurate and smooth, but it is a revolver so it is heavy. If you go stainless $515-$550 NIB is the going price.

9. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I see them for $520 on up & $520 is the "SALE" price. From what I'm told, they don't price by caliber, but by materials and workmanship. Since it takes just as much work to make the 617 as it does say a 686, you get similar pricing. :nod: