Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt at doing the "blog" thing. So take it easy on me!

I just started reloading .223 Remington brass and have had a hard time trying to find brass. I just received an order of 1000 rounds of once fired brass for .223 Remington. I had to seperate all the brass by brand name since I noticed that some had a primer crimp. Had to purchase an RCBS primer pocket swage kit to take care of the cases that need the crimp removed.
After the seperating all of the brass I found that I have 100 5.56 X 54 brass. I have to assume that this would be military brass and I am not ready to start reloading that yet.
I am offering this up for sale to the highest bidder or would be willing to trade for just plain .223 brass.
I honestly don't know if 5.56 is better that .223 or not. The only thing I know is that it operates at higher pressures and don't want to deal with that now. I especially don't want to damage my rifle.
The brass has been tumble for 3 hours and looks in great condition, it still needs to be deprimed.
If I don't respond in a timely manner to any responses I will be without a computer for a bit, but I will get back to you.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,220 Posts
Ain't supossed to sell things on here dude...why? Don't know....

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Can't sell on here because the owner of the site does not want the liability that comes with the sale of firearms and firearm products and accessories. Can't says I blame him.

Other then that, seeing as it is your first post, I would like to welcome you to G&G.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Can't sell on here because the owner of the site does not want the liability that comes with the sale of firearms and firearm products and accessories. Can't says I blame him.

Other then that, seeing as it is your first post, I would like to welcome you to G&G.
Sounds like Ebay

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Better describe them properly then; If what you have is the 5.56 equivalent of .223 Rem, they are 5.56 x 45mm.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This is an OLD post, but the info might be of value to others. If you remove the primer crimp from the military brass, then the 5.56 and 223 are exactly the same. The pressure difference comes from the SAAMI loading specifications, with there being a difference in military and civilian ammo. But you are going to load this brass to your own specs, so none of that matters anyway. Go ahead and process the military to remove the crimp, only need to do this once for the life of the brass, and it's all good to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts