100 ATR one piece scope mount

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Riles, May 4, 2010.

1. Riles

Riles G&G Newbie

Anyone find a source for a short action one piece mount; either rail or complete with rings like the DedNutZ ??

2. Riles

Riles G&G Newbie

BTW-Dednutz has a one piece for the long action 100ATR...go figga

3. Riles

Riles G&G Newbie

Mossberg has the picatinny rail

Here is an update to my search for the one piece base: I contacted Mossberg/Maverick customer service (both phone and email)and once again asked to buy the base shown on the Night Train. I was told they do not sell them and they told me to call Brownells. Brownells and midway both have NO listing for the 1 pc. I called/wrote them again and, relayed Mid/Brown info, then I was told they are the same as a Remington 700SA. I bought a picatinny rail for a SA Remmy and it does NOT fit. I called/wrote CusServ once again and told them all that has occurred and I was told they were going to send me a rail; I did not hold my breath; however a picatinny rail is mounted on my SA 100ATR as I write this. It only took a little more than a year to get one......

4. slrassoc

slrassoc G&G Addict

The 100ATR uses the same scope bases as the Remington 700, Howa Legacy and the Weatherby Vanguard. It's just that most literature has never been updated to say so. This should help you figure out what to order.

5. slrassoc

slrassoc G&G Addict

The weaver part number for the multi slot, one piece rail, is 99500 for the short action and 99499 for the long action. It's listed for the Remington 700 but is a direct fit on the 100ATR.

6. Riles

Riles G&G Newbie

The 2 piece mounts ARE the same; I contacted EGW directly for a 1 piece Short Mount Picatinny rail and they told me they did not make one but send them my rifle and they would make a custom rail. I contacted DNZ, the makers of the 1 piece denutz scope mounts and was told by them that the Remington base does not fit the 100ATR Short Action; they do make one for the 100ATR Long Action.
    I did purchase a Remington Short Action picatinny mount upon the advice given by Mossberg/Maverick's Customer Service Representative. It does NOT fit. The Remington action is shorter than the Mossberg and ALL the screw holes do NOT line up. I then recontacted Cus Serv and they sent me a picatinny rail; the differences in size and holes is apparent when lined up with the Remmy's. My experience is with the Short Action ONLY.
    The bottom profile of both are the same, the 2 front and 2 rear holes spaces are the same BUT the distance from the 2 front holes to the 2 back holes of the SA 100ATR Mossy are Not the same as the Remmy.
    NOW if the weaver 1 piece bases have a slotted or extra front hole in the short action they may fit.
    I also own a Howa Short action .308; the same info applies to the Howa as the SA 100ATR; additionally the 100ATR short action 1 piece base does NOT fit the Howa. DNZ DOES make a Howa Short Action 1 piece base as well as Long Action

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted