100 Members in one day!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Chris, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well people, what can I say, one day with the forum software, and registration has gone through the roof. 100 members, and number 100 was Dodge!

We are still having some problems with people seeing the old software, but not to worry, it is being fixed.

2. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

Was just curious what the oldest archived threads were, thought this was cool. "100 registrations!"

By the way I had to click a check box that says, "I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply."

3. 100 members in 1 day? That's great.

4. Oxford

Oxford Retired Moderator

Chris...and that's just on the cutting edge of the potential for this site! Congratulations!

Joe

5. I just talked to Chris and looked at the post date.... this thread was made in 2002.

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

7. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

I find it amazing that at just about any given time the vast majority of users are not registered members. Right now count is sitting at about 3.5% of users are actually registered members. If we could get the vast majority of those LURKERS to actually JOIN it would really boost the member total.

tim

8. Chris, I am glad I looked closely at the first post...

You have been at it for over eight years!! I still think you will be the biggest firearm forum on the web !!

I wish the three largest national gun organization would not only provide some funding, but also links on their own website...

9. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

If you have a good product, people will find it.

Chris has a good 'product' here in the G&G Forum. We can all be proud to be a part of it.

10. A message to all the lurkers; JOIN!

11. I can't tell you how many times I have googled a question and ended up here. Sure, I get other sites also, but am I going to join? It really depends. I'll give you a for-instance: I was trying to get hold of the old .357 Magnum brass. The stuff that used the large pistol primers, right? so I google it, and come up with a forum where everybody is speculating as to what the hell is up with this, and is it a stupid mistake, and who knows, but don't do it with this brass. Am I going to join that forum? Might as well ask a canoe-builder about coal-mining.