close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"100 Rifles" The Movie.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Eric, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Has any one ever seen the movie 100 Rifles with Burt Reynolds and Racquel Welch? It is supposed to be taking place in 1912, in Sonora Mexico. One of the scenes when the Yacqui indians take over a Mexican military train, two mexicans are shot and fall out of the window. They are both holding M1 Garands! It's the only time you see an M1...but this is supposedly 1912! I'm sure ya'll catch stuff like that all the time. I just thought it was funny. Good Shooting!

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid. I never noticed that because I didn't know that much about guns then. I'll have to watch it again!

3. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

If the Indians had Garands The taming of the West would not have happened

4. dadsfreehold

dadsfreehold G&G Newbie

greetings, has jim brown as a deputy sheriff also, 1912 i think not. lots of action tho. respt submitted dadsfreehold

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    The reason I said 1912 is because that's what it said when I pushed the info button on the remote (Dish Network). It said in 1912 Mexico. Also the Mexican commander carries two Colt auto loading pistols...the predessesors to the 1911 in nickle plate with Ivory handles, of course Burt Reynolds gets them in the end.