Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A work buddy invited me to go shooting with him. Took two of my boys with. Was the windiest range day I've ever tried. Steady 20 mile per hour with 30 gusts. Shot my Bergara B14, got hits on 8" steel at 335 yards, did not manage any hits beyond that. Tried to zero my Son's Savage Axis in 6.5 by waiting for lulls in the wind. Managed to get two shots within an inch at 50 yards, and then the wind broke the target stand. We just quit at that point
Moved over to the pistol range and shot my Glock 19 and my buddies Walther 22 at steel. Boys had a bit of fun with that. Boys started just cracking off shots, so my buddy started doing bets with them. If they hit he did 10 of an exercise (squats, push-ups etc.) If they hit he did the exercise. Even that didn't get them calmed down, so we called it a day.
It was a great time. Didn't take any range photos, but I did get one of us on the ride out. Yes I have a sandwich crumb in the corner of my mouth.
Head Goggles Sunglasses Vehicle Vision care

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I don’t remember many of the “good” days at the range. I can tell you all about the windy, snowing, raining, and overall adverse condition days. You made a memory with your kids, and I’m happy for you.
My oldest is 4, and we practice in the backyard but I haven’t taken him to the range yet. I can’t wait for a memory-day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts