$120.55 a barrel... SWEET!!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Pred, May 6, 2008.

1. Pred

Pred Guest

Right now gas is $3.55 a gallon here. I predict it will hit $4.25-$4.50 a gallon by the 4th of July.....

2. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Enthusiast

What better way to celebrate our Independence? :hitwithrock:

3. Pred

Pred Guest

Make that $121.20 a barrel.

4. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Well, in the for what it's worth department, I read this awhile back on msn.com. According to their commentator, when gas hits $4.00 a gallon, people will seriously revise the way they drive, actually planning out trips for the most efficient way instead of doubling back and zigzagging all over town. They will start trading in their SUVs and Humvees and humungoid tricked-out pickups that suburbanites don't need for hybrids and compacts. (That's already started around here. You look at the used car lots and it's SUVs, giant luxury cars and pickups as far as the eye can see, but not a midsize or compact in sight. they dealers have them priced really low, like $7,000 for a 2005 SUV with all the trimmings, but no one wants them.)

When gas hits $5.00 a gallon, they will vote out every incumbent politician for not doing anything to stop the skyrocketing gas prices and obscene oil company profits regardless of party affiliation.

And now I get to mock my wife for not listening to me when she insisted on replacing my 1995 Taurus wagon with a minivan that gets worse mileage than the Taurus ever did. I wanted a 1987 Mercedes 300 SDL diesel that gets 34 mpg where I can do about 50% of the repairwork and all the routine maintenance myself, but she had to have the minivan that gets 25 mpg highway at best, that is designed so the owner CAN'T maintain it himself. I'd laugh if it didn't hurt so much.

5. KGunner

KGunner G&G Evangelist

Its technically not sweet, its crude!

6. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I bet my wife we'd see $5/gal gas by the end of the year. I'd rather be wrong.

Still have my RX-8 (decent hwy miles but SUV in city due to rotary engine)--I don't drive that much, it's fun ! , and the $10K or so I'd lose trading it in or selling it/buying a new car would pay for a lot of gas.

I really hope you're right about the vote out part 'cuz it's gonna happen.

What's disconcerting is that consumption has actually dropped somewhat here. Price continues to rise, though. This is a bad sign for using oil as an energy source.

7. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Gas hit 4.21 here yesterday, it has been going up 8 cents a gallon every 3-4 days...Folks , we are in Trouble with prices like this...Any Politicians that don't want The U.S. to start drilling more domestic wells doesn't care at all about us or our money...They have all they need at our expense. The working man is evidently insignificant to our government since this IS a crisis and they seem to be doing Nothing...
    Hillary is spouting John McCaine's plan to suspend the gas tax...short term non fix of a long range problem...
    Obama nailed this one , but it may cost him votes in todays primaries...
    So , Bend over and spread em every time you fill up !!!

8. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I want someone in office who pays for and pumps their own gas.

9. Pred

Pred Guest

$122.30......

10. tlarkin

tlarkin Guest

Just read this on yahoo news, came here for the obligatory Pred thread on oil prices.

Was not disappointed (on the thread that is), and am disappointed on the oil costs.

The most messed up thing is, the prices will never go down. I think it is time I get a motor cycle and a bicycle and only use my car when I need it.

11. PONTIACDM

PONTIACDM G&G Newbie

A couple of months ago I sold my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee and bought a 1996 Toyota Corolla. Looks like I sold it just in time for the gas hikes. I also just purchased a Yamaha TW200 dual sport bike that gets 75 miles to the gallon. Around here I have seen more motorcycles and scooters on the road than I have ever seen. At the rate the prices are climbing the bike will pay for itself.

12. SKS NOOB

SKS NOOB G&G Evangelist

I'd rather have the motorcycle, but I can't even afford that nor do I have the space to put one right now. :sad2:

13. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

None of the above!:drive:

14. Sooner Shooter

Sooner Shooter G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

I hate the price of gas as much as the next guy! What really surprises me though is that Americans buy bottled water by the ton and never complain about that price at all. They're buying filtered water that is as expensive as gas if not more! What's the deal with that? I know, I'm tight!

15. Lng Rng

Lng Rng G&G Newbie

There is no getting around it. Gas prices are high, and something has to be done. In the past couple of weeks, gas has stayed at 3.45 a gallon or so. Last time I put gas in I actually laughed when I saw the gallons/dollars sign. McCain's and Clinton's idea is stupid, too. If I pay 50 dollars to fill up the tank on my car, I am not going to drive on ruined roads.

16. Billyz

Billyz G&G Newbie

Fifty dollars to fill up youre car what are u driving? Cost me 65 last time i did it and the gas was 3.17

17. Lng Rng

Lng Rng G&G Newbie

It's a Mazda 6. I still had a 1/4 tank left, so that is why I had the "cheap" fill-up at 50 dollars. The truck we use for work, well 50 dollars doesn't come close.

18. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Getting darned near $100 to fill up my Tundra :( ain't it just dandy?