Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
THE GEHA

after WWI germany made up some shotguns on left over military Mausers. bubbaed the stock, modified the bolt to feed and extract shotshells. bolt mod included removing one of the locking lugs. adding the shotgun barrel. the magazine would hold two shells. they were a cheap repeater, they were ok for the low powered shell of the 1920's. but not for todays shells.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
i learned the hard way not to fool with calibers you would not normaly see in a mauser, i'm plying it a might safer these days.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
think i did once but can't remember the post i'll look for it and get back to you doglips might remember it he gave me alot of guff on that one as i recall.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
GOT 4 OR 5 OF THE MAUSER SHOTGUNS BUT WOULD NOT FIRE ANY ONE OF THEM. A COUPLE ARE FINE LOOKING BUT NONE WEIGHT MUCH OVER 5 LBS. THEY ARE ALMOST STRAIGHT LINE WITHOUT ANY STOCK DROP. I HAVE THEM JUST FOR THEIR TYPE FIREARM.

DANA

·
Registered
586 Posts
The Mauser shotgun conversions are wallhangers ONLY!!! They remove both locking lugs not just one, leaving only the root of the bolt handle as a lock. DO NOT FIRE ONE!! they are unsafe. If the handle lets go the bolt goes through your eye on the way to the brain!

Dave375

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I now see that these are the same thing as the unfireable Mauser shotguns I've read about elsewhere. Glad to see I'm not missing anything. Though I doubt I'd go for one anyway. So the bolt was the weak link? You sure they only locked by the bolt handle? Cause my Mauser seems to have a third lug at the rear of the receiver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts