close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

15 rd mags

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BattleRifleG3, Mar 15, 2002.

1. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 Retired Moderator

I was wondering which states had laws restricting magazine capacity to 15 rounds. That's a pretty quirky number if you ask me, since most magazines come in 5, 10, 30 and such capacities. HK-91 mags in particular come in 5, 20, and 30 round capacities.

Here's my goofball idea: Since some hi-caps are a dime a dozen (AK-47/74, HK-G3 aftermarket), what about cutting a few down to serve those in less fortunate states? Any buyers? I'm thinking of doing some gun accessory fabrication/modification on the side this summer.

Also, anyone know of HK ten rounders? Special Weapons once said that they have one but I've never seen one elsewhere.

2. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

better yet

Here's something that won't be as labor intensive make a block something like the plug used in shotguns that way the mag is still usable for states where high cap is legal. either way when you get them done I'll link you with my website and you can market them to some of my customers -- the only thing I will ask is that you keep your info updated

3. BattleRifleG3

Really?

I'd be inclined to think they'd find a removable plug to make it "readily adaptable" to accept more ammo. Do you know what the criteria is? I've always thought plugs to be non-permanent fixtures to comply with hunting regs, not to comply with weapon bans. If you know the criteria, I'd be happy to know.

4. Chitimooska

Chitimooska G&G Newbie

Mags in banned states.

I live in CA, I know that here, and probably in other states where high cap mags are banned, they cannot have a temporary plugged. The mags have to be permanetly altered so as not to be able to accept more than 10 rounds. Although, you can still own the high cap mags you purchased before the ban, you can't trade, buy, sell, give away, or import into CA any more high caps.

5. So in PRK do you have to register your hi cap mags too?

And I thought NY was bad.

6. KidKwiK

KidKwiK G&G Newbie

You do not have to register Hi cap mags in California.

7. MikeC

MikeC G&G Newbie

If I remember correctly, HI and CA have 10 round limits, as well as NYC. NJ has a 15 round limit. MD has a weird rule. You can own mags of any size, BUT you can only buy in state mags of 20 rounds or less. Yes, you can drive to PA, VA or any other state and buy them and drive them back no problem HOWEVER your local dealer or gun show is limited to 20 rounds or less.

8. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

MEMOOORIES, MEMOOORIES,

well BattleRifleG3, ja think you would ever get this far, from such humble beginnings???:wave:

9. BattleRifleG3

Ah yes, from simple mag capacity alterations to caliber conversions to crossbreeding designs. Now a moderator, probably the youngest. Thanks for bringing it back, Papa G!

10. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Re: MEMOOORIES, MEMOOORIES,

:rolleyes:

11. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Cool! Some of these old threads really take you back!