16 Attorneys General Declare Support for Ammunition Background Checks

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by K75RT, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    goat roper, Rocky7, BigEd63 and 4 others like this.
  2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

K75RT: Sir; incredible¡. Just imagine Dillon new business.
    us’nn’ss that reload. It’ll be a real mess

quote:
    Ammunition control is dead, but Attorneys General from the following states didn’t get the memo: Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania (hi Joshie!), Rhode Island, Virginia, and Washington.

Top cops from these states filed an amicus brief in support of California, which recently passed a law that requires background checks for all ammunition purchases. That’s right, every time you want to buy a box of ammunition to do some target practice, California redcoats want you to wait for their permission.

Of course, limiting access to arms and ammunition necessarily puts people at risk, but the purpose of the law isn’t to make things any safer, it’s to inhibit the ability or willingness of people to buy ammunition. To put it simply, ammo control is gun control, full stop.

BigEd63, Huey Rider, K75RT and 4 others like this.

3. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    If this crap passes, the nearest place I can buy ammo without chicken$hit will be Vermont.

K75RT, neophyte and TXplt like this.
  4. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Stock up and also reload. Probably wait for a good deal to return after this nuts stuff is over. And then go large. Most of us have huge reserves at this point anyway.

If properly stored Ammo and components pretty much last forever.

blaster, OneShotKill, Rocky7 and 9 others like this.
  5. Get Out

Get Out G&G Evangelist

It's just another form of gun control and an indirect registration scheme. They can't get the guns so they go after the ammo. When you purchase ammo and they do a BGC they'll know where it's going and what caliber firearm you have.

jwrauch, blaster, K75RT and 5 others like this.
  6. Dutch

Dutch G&G Evangelist

CO
    This.

It's not about guns, it's about control.

jwrauch, blaster, K75RT and 4 others like this.
  7. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

I suppose it'll hurt the on-line ammo business. They'll have to refuse to ship to any state that requires a background check.:(

jwrauch, K75RT, Rocky7 and 1 other person like this.
  8. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    More of the same nonsense these haters keep pushing. It would be the same as everyone owning a car but you have to go through a background check to buy gas and oil for it. How does that scum even sleep at night.

jwrauch, blaster, K75RT and 3 others like this.
  9. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

They sleep peacefully because they hate us and our country as it is.

neophyte, K75RT and Rocky7 like this.
  10. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

- C.S. Lewis

Truer words were never spoken.

blaster, neophyte, K75RT and 2 others like this.
  11. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

I don't think they give a plugged nickle about us or our well being. It's all about wanting to control. I've said it before, I think there are 2 types of liberal. Those that are so stupid they actually believe the bs & those that know it is bilge, but it serves their agenda. Can only feel sorry for the former & know that the latter are evil!

jwrauch, blue fox, neophyte and 4 others like this.
  12. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    Fortunately, I stocked up on what I needed a few years back and have a large cabinet full of factory ammo. I also reload and just recently bought enough brass, and other supplies to reload about 5000 more rounds of various calibers. Just wait till they start trying to regulate primers and powder. I may decide to step up to a basic progressive press sometime soon but for now it is in the capable hands of my faithful RCBS Rock Chucker.

neophyte and jwrauch like this.
  13. Get Out

Get Out G&G Evangelist

These buffoons will never learn, people will be ordering large quantities of ammo before the legislation goes into effect. Of course it'll be to much to ask SCOTUS to rule it's a clear violation of the 2A that it infringes on the right of the people to keep and bear Arms.

14. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

Laws don't stop them from getting the gun, it's not going to stop them from getting the ammo.
    In Illinois they have the foid cards that doesn't stop them from going to another gun shop just across the state line & buying, then there is always reloading.

15. A licence holder in UK is severely limited as to the amount of ammunition he or she may hold, say 50 rounds at one time.
    Can't buy components without showing the licence which shows your buy/hold quota.

This for 'safety' reasons.

Coming to a town near you soon!

16. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    Reloading ammunition is illegal in Ireland.

neophyte, jwrauch and K75RT like this.
  17. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Only limit of ammo here is how much you can afford!:p

neophyte, jwrauch, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  18. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

Over my dead body! They can take them from my cold dead hands!

neophyte, jwrauch and K75RT like this.
  19. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I can't give a like on this, but do appreciate the dislike those who are restricted by this must have.

To me, the limitation could be compared to only being able to have a gallon of gas at a time.

neophyte and rando like this.
  20. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Hmmm,lets see how much this gentleman has,wow,looks like an arsonal,we better check him out.:usa2:;):eek:

neophyte likes this.