Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
I find these rifles absolutely stupid and can not see any market for one even at half the price.

13K is close enough to a FA that I would save of one of those, and have much more fun.

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
That takes all of the fun out of it... why not just program a drone to shoot it...

I want to take a 1000 yard shot some day... but that will be me... and not some computer...

·
Premium Member
25,149 Posts
I feel the same way about "firearms" like this as I do about klowns who can't play drums, guitar, piano, bass, etc utilizing a computer to craft what they then term as music. And they have the audacity to call themselves musicians also...

·
God, Guns, Glory
35,275 Posts
Computers, lasers, Wi-F and guns?
This sounds like a computer geeks version, of a wanna be sniper. nerd-smiley.gif

·
Constitutionalist
2,304 Posts
The rifle doesn't track the rifle. It tracks the target. You have to, at some point, be aiming directly at the target.

I do load workups to get consistent results from my rounds. I have to trust my rifle. Clean bore, fouled bore, first shot, second shot, all make the difference which this smart rifle will NOT account for.

When I have a consistent load (tight group), I run a chrono and ballistics calculator on it and test the calculator at range. If that doesn't work, I use a different ballistic coefficient, always lower, because all of the bullet manufacturers lie. Then I test again, moving from 100 yds to 400 or 500 yds. I find the happy BC and that's my round. I run a final ballistic calculator and print out a cheat sheet to strap to the stock. Then I start working on windage and at extreme range, I have to work on crawling. Some of that could be programmed into a rifle, but I've got serious doubts about accounting for all of the things the we do in our little pea brains to make the long shots work.

·
Registered
15,383 Posts
Only a few would be needed to cure the IS, ISIL, ISIS, or whatever threats. Way better than a bomb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts