Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone here can help me out with a question. I have a Richland Arms replica 1858 New Army with a broken hand spring. Went to Numerich's online site, and they do not have parts for a Richland revolver. However, they do have the part for a Aldo Uberti replica. I am guessing that the part will fit, but might need a bit of final fitting. Anyone know if this is the case? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I would expect they would , have you tried finding a parts blow up for the Uberti? that would more closely answer the question.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would expect they would , have you tried finding a parts blow up for the Uberti? that would more closely answer the question.
Numerich has a parts schematic for the Uberti, and the spring appears to be the same. However, its a small part and I can't be sure from a drawing. I'm guessing it will work, but just thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Howdy Casull,
Look it over real good for a mark that may tell you who made it. Drop the loading lever and look on the barrel for any marks or letters. Look on the left side of the frame and in front of the trigger guard for any kind of a logo. I have seen where the logo was stamped on the side of the backstrap. You have to take off the grips to see it there.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Lee,

I hadn't thought about anyone else producing the revolver. Are you saying that Richland Arms didn't make the gun? I'll check as you suggested, just to see. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey back to you, Casull,
Richland Arms was an importer/distributor. I have been doing so much reading in the past five years that I can't keep it all straight. There is a little voice in the back of my head that is saying it may have been made by Palmetto. Look for a little palm tree logo some where on it. Some companies imported Colt replicas from one maker and Remington replicas from another maker and stamped their name on them. Some times the maker didn't stamp their logo anywhere on them.
The meanings of some of the logos have been lost in history.
The only American company that I can think of right off hand that made their own replica parts was High Standard. Other Folks might come up with some that made their own parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts