Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yeah. That is the one I like best also. The Infantry model's barrel is so long, you need a scope to see the front sight, and the Cavalry model is so short, that for extra range you use a six-gun instead.

Good find!

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Emmm...that 45/70 is a tough shooting cartridge. I think you should send her to me before you hurt yourself.

That's gorgeous!

So are you going to spell out the deal?

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
Now thats very perty! How about those sights. I have an old springfield trapdoor hanging on the wall in shooting condition for years but never fired it. I cant remember what year it was made.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now thats very perty! How about those sights. I have an old springfield trapdoor hanging on the wall in shooting condition for years but never fired it. I cant remember what year it was made.
I'm actually thinking of putting some buckhorn type sights on the barrel. In the mean time I tossed on a butt stock shell holder.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,650 Posts
I'm actually thinking of putting some buckhorn type sights on the barrel. In the mean time I tossed on a butt stock shell holder.
Where did you find the leather shell holder. I like that and looks nice. Much better and durable then the Uncle Mikes type black nylon ones.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
With these modern replica rifles like the Sharps and trapdoors are you still limited to the lower pressure ammo or can you shoot ammo intended for the lever actions? Just curious to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts