Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 95 action Chilean Mauser that I'm curious about. I've looked just about every part over twice looking for a date stamp, but I'm begining to see that they just may not of had one in the first place. So my main questions are, One, anyone know what years where they made, two, what companys all made them ( I know that atleast Mauser and Ludwig Loewe, mine being manufactured by Ludwig Loewe.) Then just any other interesting information that anyone may have. Also, mine is pretty rough, but the action is strong and smooth so I'd like to build it up to a tack driver, so any information on where to get custom parts, barrels, triggers, sights ext. would be great!

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,326 Posts
"Mauser Military Rifles Of The World" by Robert Ball reports:

Model 1895 Rifle (Chile):
Initially supplied by Ludwig Loewe & Co. during the period of 1897 - 1900, some later stands of arms were delivered by DWM.
Length 48.60 ". Barrel 29.6".
Rifles issued to Naval units will carry a fouled anchor in place of the national crest.

Model 1895 Short Rifle:
Identical to the M1895 Rifle except for the shorter barrel and turned down bolt handle, and sling swivels on the left side of the stock & barrel band.
Length: 42.0". Barrel: 21.25".

The M1895 Carbine is similar to the Short Rifle, but barrel is 18.25".

·
Master Gunsmith
2,119 Posts
sean46953, get yourself a brownells catalog and go crazy they have all of the stuff you need to do the job, of course if you are not a gunsmith, you may want to get one to help on the project, or do the work for you.
steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts