Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one is more accurate? more powerful? I like the looks of both. But i cant afford both so dont say then get both. haha

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,216 Posts
TT-33

They are both fun but the Nagant pistol is an oddity and fires a weak round....get the TT-33...then a CZ52...then a Nagant pistol...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see CZ pistols talked about all over. What is so great about them? Ive never taken the time to read about them. Also which one has the cheaper ammo?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha thats awesome. but in all reality i wouldnt use it as a carry gun. just a take it out on the weekends and shoot it gun

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I could certainly see using it as a backup gun, though... You shoot a bad guy using your normal carry gun with premium HP's and he shrugs it off... apparently wearing body armor. So you go for your CZ-52 or TT-33 and drop a couple into his chest. Just like that, Dead BG.

Admittedly, if you're shooting "right", once you determine the first few rounds are ineffective due to body armor, you should be aiming for the head. This is why I practice my "body armor drills" where I do a quick double-tap to the centermass, take a little longer to aim for the head and put one between the eyes. If your first three shots to a bad guy are those three, it doesn't matter if he/she is wearing body armor. If they are wearing armor, the first two will stun them enough that the aimed head-shot will almost certainly hit. If they aren't, then it will still stun/kill them.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah. idk if id feel comfortable carrying a gun at all in public. i'd feel awkward. i get the feeling though with the way the crime rate is climbing in the city i got to school at its gonna be necessary

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Check out OpenCarry.org

Here in WA, it's legal to carry a legally-owned pistol openly without a permit. You only need a WA CPL (concealed pistol license) if you intend on concealing or entering a vehicle. There are obviously areas, such as places barred to minors by WA Liquor Control Board, that are off-limits, but that just takes familiarizing yourself with the law.

As for carrying at school, let me put it this way:

1. I proudly own a GLOCK 27.
2. I am proud holder of a WA CPL.
3. I am a University of Washington student.
4. It is not against WA State Law to carry on a University or College campus unless their code of conduct says it is so.
5. UW Code of Conduct is contradictory on firearms possession, yet nominally in favor of carry (due to the contradiction of "no firearms possession", yet saying nothing is meant to deny constitutional rights).
6. I care about my safety.

You can pretty easily assume some things from the above that I won't state online until such time that I've graduated and have my degree.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah bringing a gun onto my campus is grounds for expulsion. I got to good ol' University of Cincinnati.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Nagant pistol is cheaper, but ammo is not, that is if you intend to use what it was originally chambered for, you can shoot .32 S&W Longs in it but I've heard mixed revues on acuracy with them. The TT-33 will run you around $225 with shipping at several of the dealers that are selling them at present, then any transfer fees if you don't have a license yourself. Surplus 7.62x25 ammo is still fairly cheap, but that probably won't last for ever. Check out some of the dealers on line for the pistol and what they are getting for the ammo. Honestly I don't think you will be sorry.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,312 Posts
If you want a concealable service pistol and loud 'BANG!', get the TT33.
If you get into reloading and want a good plinker, the Nagant shines.

Very different - apples & oranges . . . :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts