Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in purchasing a copy of the 1897 pump shotgun. However, I do know some of the early Norinco imports lacked quality. Please advise as to what manufacturer you would recommend at present. Are the Russian's making 1897's?

Thanks,

D. Nunley

·
Premium Member
30,679 Posts
navy arms, winchester

·
Registered
5 Posts
Butch Cain the Gun-Slicker

I bought one of the Navy Arms 1897 replicas. They are nothing more than TTN imports - made in China. I repaired it as good as possible, which wasn't "very," and sold it at my cost.

If you want a good 1897, buy an 1897 - made by Winchester. I have bought, repaired and sold a number of Norincos also. They are a bit iffy on quality, but when fixed up, they are good guns.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Howdy,

I own a '97 Winny mfgd 1902 and it still shoots good. Not a problem in 6 years of cowboy shoots. Don't buy a replica, when for a few bucks more you can find an original. I have seen them go for $450. to 595.00. Got to www. sassnet.com or GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction and check prices. On the SASS web site- Nate Kiowa Jones does very good work as does Coyete Cap. I picked up mine from a local gun shop. I paid $50.00 6 years ago. I picked an original 1878 Colt SXS Shotgun for $300.00 from an individual, who just didn't want to deal with Black powder(His loss). If I see one at the local shop I'll let you know.

John Krzos:usa:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts