Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local gun shop has a Colt 1902 in .32 acp for sale $425.00. It is a shooter and cycles fine, but the blueing is about 70% and the grips are worn and should be replaced. Is this a good buy for this firearm?

:usa:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts

The top two are "sporting" while the bottom is military style. As far as I can tell this price is probably a little on the cheap side or close to being right. I found one on an auction going for $1100.00 in 98% condition (reblued) and another one going for $3495.00 98% original finish. So if yours is in original finish I would say it's worth it. Don't hold me to these prices, this is just what I found on the 'net.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Dogma said:
My local gun shop has a Colt 1902 in .32 acp for sale $425.00. It is a shooter and cycles fine, but the blueing is about 70% and the grips are worn and should be replaced. Is this a good buy for this firearm?

:usa:
i think what you have is a 1903 Colt, pocket size pistol. imo its over priced, but need does overcome greed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's to big to be a pocket pistol. It matches the first one in the picture above. It also says on the side of the slide 1902 Colt. Just curious about this type. I would like to add it to my collection, if they are a collectors piece?

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
ok that clears up the confusion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went back to get a really good look at it today. The price is actually $495.00 and shop gunsmith put the bluing at about 40%.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Besides the bluing, how's the overall condition? Does the slide rattle around? Good barrel or sewer pipe? Hopefully the 'smith will let you check it all out, don't take his word for it. Still sounds like a good price.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Coincidence? What would Rave say?

I never heard about them before I'll have to check up on them. Neat knives.

When I was little I lived about 15mi from Olean, N.Y. That's where K-Bars are made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts