Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I went on vacation The Troll graciously offered me a replacement stock for the one that cracked on my A3.

I sent him an email yesterday trying to hook up with him. In that email I mentioned reading or hearing something in the past that there is a difference between the 1903 and the 1903/A3 stock.

Did I hear or read correctly?

Does anyone know the difference (major or minor)?

Can the 1903 stock still be fitted to an A3?

I've searched and searched but I can't find a site that tells me anything specifically.

Thanks for any info, guys.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
their interchangable, maybe some minor differences.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah....Thanks Papa for coming through...................^5 bro.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any time or day a better or worse time to call?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am there from 10 till at least 5 every day eastern time. Doesnt matter what time you
call. The stock is yours no charge. It was given to me by an old fellow who taught me to shoot, he said give it a good home. I think you would do that so I am just following orders.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Danke, Rick. Danke.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The stock I am sending is an 03 stock. I should have it on its way to you by mid week
Dale. I have the address, I just have to drive my car to work instead of rideing the
so I have room to haul it to work where I will ship it from.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Tis no problem, Troll.

I just appreciate what you're doing for me. I really do.

I'll call my wife's friend and let her know when it might be on the way. In case you're wondering why I had her call...well, we gate/lock off the road a ways down so, in the past, I've had UPS, Fed Ex, etc. so frustrated trying to figure out what to do. Then their office in Phoenix would call and tell me to pick it up down there. THAT got old real fast.

SO we use my wife's friend as a receiving depot, lol.

Besides, she doesn't have anything else to do with her time and she really likes to help people. I'll make her a fresh blueberry cheesecake when I go pick it up. Then I'll hear moaning and goaning as I drive off, LOL.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Troll,

I don't know what to say other than thank you...so much.

I can't conceive of someone doing this for someone they really don't know. It renews my ideas that peple can be good to each other.

If I can be of any help to you on down the line....well....I'm there.....yepper.....fer sure.

Thanks again, dude ^5.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Your very welcome. I couldnt see just having that stock sit in the closet. When I saw the pics of your rifle, I knew there was a reason I hadnt done anything with that stock. I hope it fits and you can shoot the heck out of that old rifle cant let these peices of history be lost. My 03 can never be original again, sending you the stock helped you and saved a part of history. Just let me know how she looks and shoots.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wiil do, Troll.

Once 'gain, donkey donkey, donkey...er, I mean, danke, danke, danke.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts