Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old chopped up 1903A3 rifle that has an old bausch and Lomb scope on it. It has the adjustments in the mount. When I bought it, it had the original stock on it except it had cut down. So I built a new stock for it and bedded it just like to old stock. The problem now is it wont shoot accurately with the new stock, it did with the old stock. I cant figure out why. The only thing I see different is the the tang in the back of the reciever is not bolted to a pillar like the original one. Could someone please tell me what on a stock could make it inaccurate?:sad2:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have an old chopped up 1903A3 rifle that has an old bausch and Lomb scope on it. It has the adjustments in the mount. When I bought it, it had the original stock on it except it had cut down. So I built a new stock for it and bedded it just like to old stock. The problem now is it wont shoot accurately with the new stock, it did with the old stock. I cant figure out why. The only thing I see different is the the tang in the back of the reciever is not bolted to a pillar like the original one. Could someone please tell me what on a stock could make it inaccurate?:sad2:

Is the barrel free floated ?

God bless
Wyr

·
Premium Member
30,695 Posts
pillar bed that rascal.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
If when tightening the screw in the tang you warp or put pressure on the tang and actoin it may change the allignment of the scope each time you fire it.Try just snugging the screw and if accuracy improves cut a sleeve to go over the screw between the tang and trigger housing to hold it in one position like the 98 Mauser has.When tightened it should help eleminate warpage in the action housing.Also look for dark marks in the barrel channel and work them out. sam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts