1911 stocks

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Holiday, Mar 26, 2002.

1. I'm looking for a special set of stocks for my Springfield to dress it up. I have a nice set of cocobola wood grips, but am looking for something in particular. I once saw an add in a magazine that showed a set of grips that were made of a synthetic ivory and had a picture scrimshawed into it. The picture was of a nude lady kneeling and wearing only a Civil War Confederate kepi hat. A confederate Battle flag was wrapped around her only partially covering her. Any one know where I could get a set like this?;)

2. Darksider, I have seen many scrimshaw stocks on the net at various locations. Enter pistol grips into Internet search and you'll find a number of companies that offer such items. Maybe they are familar with the design you are looking for. Good luck.

3. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

Darksider,
    When you ask, "Does anyone know where you can get a pair like that?", are you refering to specific "pair" on the female, or a pair of grips????? :D :) :D ;) :) :D :cool:

Best of luck to ya', Jeffro (Jeff)

4. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

Darksider,
    Sorry 'bout the misquote...... you said "set", not "pair"...........
    however, my question remains!!!!!!!!!
    Jeffro (Jeff)

5. Jeffro, the girl I saw definately had a fine "set",however I believe I would be pressing my luck to try and bring something like her home. I'll just have to settle for the stocks.:D :D :D

6. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

DarkSider,
    I hear ya' loud and clear!! Many men say "My wife just wouldn't understand......" MY problem would be that she would understand PERFECTLY...............
    Good luck finding the stocks (OR the "set"!!!).
    Best to ya', Jeffro (Jeff) :(

7. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Holday, I saw this ad in Shot Gun News awhile back. Maybe the latest issue still runs it? It's a nice set of . . . grips, alright!