Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we are new to the forum, but looking for information on a few firearms we inherited from my father-in-law. One of them for this particular Shotgun forum, is a 1912 Parker. We are having a heck of a time finding someone that knows much about it and can provide us the value and history of it. Hoping we can find some Parker enthusiasts here that could point us in the right direction. Attached are some pictures. Appreciate any info. Thank you.
Wood Air gun Tints and shades Trigger Metal
Bag Sleeve Wood Beige Eyewear
Wood Air gun Tints and shades Trigger Metal
Wood Musical instrument Font Beige Landscape
Wood Rectangle Tints and shades Metal Font
Musical instrument Wood Rim Auto part Metal
Artifact Art Wood Font Serveware
Wood Automotive exterior Font Bumper Auto part
Brown Composite material Bumper Gun accessory Wood
Rectangle Wood Gas Composite material Metal
Saw Wood Tool Gas Font

·
Wonderment :)
34,889 Posts
JoeNCass: Sir; check here

one issue that is concerning. It’s been cleaned /

Old firearms are not to be cleaned. Wiping down is fine. Scrubbing is a no no.

you have a nice firearm

Follow-up when you can.

stop by Introduction.
share about yourselves
I see you’ve already been to introducing yourselves 😃

·
Wonderment :)
34,889 Posts
adding. With all historical pieces. Value is destroyed by cleaning. Let’s find your units
Then form a plan as to what should be done 😃

The Beginning of Parker Brothers
This same year, Parker joined forces with Oliver Snow and formed Parker, Snow, Brooks, & Company, which would eventually become known as the Meriden Machine Company and later include Parker Brothers, a side company that would manufacture the iconic Parker shotgun. A machinery and foundry, the company employed 120 men and produced coffee mills, lamps, tools, silverware, and grain mills. It also helped put Meriden, Connecticut, on the industrial map, where it would stay for years to come.
Always a shrewd businessman, Parker released a catalog that showcased not only items crafted from his plants, but also goods that other companies were selling. These companies included in Parker’s catalog were companies he had invested in, allowing him to provide a secondary source of income for himself and his family

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Some Parkers bring a hefty amount. I noticed that this particular double barrel has a very worn finish. Also looks like bad pitting that was on it and left marks before removed rust. Welcome to the Forum and you should get some information from other members soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
adding. With all historical pieces. Value is destroyed by cleaning. Let’s find your units
Then form a plan as to what should be done 😃

The Beginning of Parker Brothers
This same year, Parker joined forces with Oliver Snow and formed Parker, Snow, Brooks, & Company, which would eventually become known as the Meriden Machine Company and later include Parker Brothers, a side company that would manufacture the iconic Parker shotgun. A machinery and foundry, the company employed 120 men and produced coffee mills, lamps, tools, silverware, and grain mills. It also helped put Meriden, Connecticut, on the industrial map, where it would stay for years to come.
Always a shrewd businessman, Parker released a catalog that showcased not only items crafted from his plants, but also goods that other companies were selling. These companies included in Parker’s catalog were companies he had invested in, allowing him to provide a secondary source of income for himself and his family
Excellent information on the history.. thank you! We didn't clean it, so I'm assuming dad did. Is there anything we should do to get it as close to its natural glory as we can? Shooting it would be fun, but unsure of the condition for shooting. Since the barrels appear clean, I'm assuming it would be ok. But is that not the thing to do? Appreciate the feedback.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Excellent information on the history.. thank you! We didn't clean it, so I'm assuming dad did. Is there anything we should do to get it as close to its natural glory as we can? Shooting it would be fun, but unsure of the condition for shooting. Since the barrels appear clean, I'm assuming it would be ok. But is that not the thing to do? Appreciate the feedback.
Nothing the matter with cleaning. Just dont scrub the metal. Also dont do anything to the finish on the stock. I would lightly clean and oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have given me some great info here to keep us busy for a bit.. thank you. Question: As I am going through some of the links you sent, I was looking at how to determine the grade. The first pic attached is an example of where to find the grade. In the example, it shows a "V" above the serial number. The second picture is my Parker and the grade is under the SN. Does that matter? Also, as I looked up the various grades, I don't see a "2".. and to me, it is clearly a "2". Any feedback on that?

Saw Wood Tool Gas Font

1 - 7 of 7 Posts